LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
how can i contact phil at rhino installs??
does he do water pumps too?
He can do pretty much anything......

For various vans of ours he has fitted and refitted (different van) satellite systems, solar panels, new solar installation, reversing cameras, air suspension, battery master, plus a heki roof light and a few other things. And a habitation check or two

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
Some pictures would be welcome (y) (aircon)
Hi Andy

The Aircon Install has been delayed until next Thursday, My Plan was to install under the bench seat at the front dinette area, however under the seat is a bulky metal frame for the seatbelts so it wont fit. it now has to go under the rear Lounge seats. The best and most efficient way to get the ducting to the front is to use external type ducting and go underneath, so Phil is returning with the suitable ducting next week. The inverter to power it is in, and I will post some pictures next week when its done :D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter Ashcroft

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2015
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Autoroller 600
Exp
Since 2014
Just had our first proper long trip in the Van since the Air Suspension Install,

What a difference!! The van already drove pretty well, but the stability now is fantastic. The Van just feels more solid and more stable. No buffeting at all when overtaking, cruises now at 70mph as if it was a car, where as before it felt a little twitchy. Very happy with it, the only down side is by raiding the rear it has caused water to pool on the roof in the centre of the Van when parked. I have a bought a 12v Compressor as I now plan to lower it down when parked up.

LumpyandBumpy

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 months
We have just had VB air fitted to our MH and although we have only driven back from SAP in Doncaster, the difference was tremendous. As well as a much more comfortable ride, cabin noise has reduced as well.

A special round of applause to Mick and his team at SAP as well for working very late at night to ensure we got our MH back at the agreed time.

Jessica

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Thanks for the reminder about the cones/bump stops.
Sorry if I gave the impression that I know what I'm doing!
T'wasn't fitted as a weight upgrade.
Of course 'experts' wouldn't agree with me, they are anxious to sell their gadgets. I would welcome a chat with a genuine 'expert' in this field (salesmen are rarely expert).
It used to be part of my work to liaise with 'experts' regarding the claims made for their products and processes.

Be very wary of anything that is mostly marketed at show grounds.

If a product or system really improves a vehicle so much why dos'nt the vehicle manufacturer incorporate it into their product?

If a simple product improves handling so much, why don't racing teams use a version of it?

If they race motorhomes they do.. simple

I have no air bags to sell, but having fitted a set to the Miller I am very happy to report they made a tremendous difference.
No longer wallowed about like a fat sow on every bend, no longer felt like it was being blown over every time a lorry got within 50 ft either

I bought the kit from Air ride.. Cost was about £300 and it was fitted in less than an hour
The Alko chassis version is somewhat harder to fit, but the kits are available for about £700 if you shop around ( or £900 fitted )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back