Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
my holiday rambler arista 310 is in travel world at the moment having all bit and bobs done to it any way if i look at the rv from the front it is dipping on the drivers side it has bin on the ramps and thay say nothing is wrong with it but it is still dipping on drivers side thay told me some times thay do with having geny and water on that side so now gowing to have air suspension on it to fix the problem and make the ride better and stop the rolling has eny body on here had air suspension fitted ::bigsmile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi lyndon they don't come out of the factory dipping on one side, if its a pronounced dip then their is something wrong, possibly a weak spring, they should fix the problem rather than you paying for an unnecessary fix.

Olley

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi LyndonRV, my Ambulance has rear air suspension :thumb: but will obviously be on a smaller scale :ROFLMAO:but more or less they all work the same ::bigsmile:
Firstly the compressor blows air into holding tank from there it goes to a lever close to or fixed on the rear axle,then into the air bags.On mine the said lever has an adjuster on it that you simply screw up or down to alter air bag height.On yours it may have 2 ???
I would think this may need touching up a little on one side of yours or it could be only one adjuster which evens the ride out automatically - same pressure in each bag meaning it is down to the weight in the tanks making it lop sided :cry: let some water out :Doh::ROFLMAO: or do not look too close :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::Smile::thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Lyndon

I fitted AirLift airbags to the rear of the Damon, already had airbags on the front suspension.

Shipping & fitting cost just under £400 including VAT.

Best money I've spent on the RV since owning it, transformed the ride and the handling. No more wandering around , no more heart stopping moments when big trucks thunder past in fact we thunder past them now as I find its so stable I'm driving at least 10 mph faster. I had outside valves fitted so no crawling underneath to check pressures. I run at 100psi when fully loaded including the motorbike and about 85psi without the bike. AirLift bag pressure's are 50psi min and 120psi max for commercial application.

Hope this helps :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back