Air Suspension, who to use?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by veevee, Jan 7, 2012.

1. veevee

veevee Funster

Hello

Will later this year have air suspion on our older MB Hymer but after researching see there are lots of suppliers/fitters.

We are based in the south east but are prepared to travel if one company stands out from the crowd.
    I am very practical but also busy at the moment, but would also consider fitting myself if the saving were enough.

Thanks

2. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

AS Air Susension in Warrington, did a great job for us and we made a trip away out of it staying at the C&CC site at Delamere Forest, great for a train ride from the gate into Chester for the day.

After leaving the van at AS we were dropped off at the station in Warrington where we took a train into Liverpool for the day, job done on our return.

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I'll second that:thumb:........................AS do a great job & Cath and Phil are smashing people. We stayed at Chester Oaks club site

PS They also advertise on this site and are members

4. reader

reader Funster

Although AS are less than 10 mile away I went for the Airide System, mainly due to peoples experiences and cost.
    Some one with the same van as ours paid £200 less 3 months previously at AS than they quoted me. When we both queried this they said they had a price increase (some increase)
    I can not detect any difference in the ride of their van and ours.

5. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

I don't have air suspension, but when I phoned Mercedes a couple of years ago to enquire which fitters they would advise (I was thinking about it at the time) they said the only company they 'approved' was Glide Rite who do conversions for Sprinter-based ambulances. You might care to call them for a price as they are not so far away from you.
    http://www.glide-rite.com/

Otherwise, AS have a very good reputation.

6. PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop Funster Life Member

AS Air suspension in Warrington - as everyone so far has said - excellent company - lovely people - first class service! As an added bonus - they're FUNSTERS!!:thumb::thumb:

We've had ours on for nearly 4 years now - excellent ride - much improved!

7. estcres

estcres Read Only Funster

I am sure that AS are the only installers who can fit systems to AL-KO chassis,

Other funsters will let me know if I am wrong, I'm sure

We had ours done by AS in 2009 and it has proved very good.