Air Quality Certificate France (1 Viewer)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Just received my cit'air sticker for my 2009 Fiat Ducato 130 Multyjet. It's an Orange Cit'air 3 certificate.
I'm waiting to receive the one for my car now.
Not that I intend going to Paris in the Motor Home, But a few weeks ago Grenoble adopted the same scheme.
I have been looking to find out what the color code is for the day to be able to enter either Paris, Lyon or Grenoble; This is the only thing I could find which might be of some help to others on here.https://www.crit-air.fr/en.html
Then scroll down to "You find here the daily news about the Crit’Air vignettes allowed to drive for: Paris, Lyon, Grenoble"

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
Took about ten days. I did both the MH and car at the same time. The MH one came in the post this morning. I received a confirmation email about four days after my application.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Took about ten days. I did both the MH and car at the same time. The MH one came in the post this morning. I received a confirmation email about four days after my application.
I had a confirmation email when I submitted the application but do they also send one once it's been processed

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
How did you reduce the logbook information to fit in the limit of 200 kilobytes, Try as I might I cannot reduce my A4 sheet to anything like that even in grayscale. Because of that it will not progress with the site.

Feb 19, 2015
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Having had a quick look at the AA website it seems that more and more towns and cities throughout Europe are introducing some sort of sticker or permit requirement. If my euro tour takes me to several of these countries and cities do I have to make individual applications for a
  • Umweltzonen (Germany)
  • Milieuzones (Netherlands)
  • Lavutslippssone (Norway)
  • Miljozone (Denmark)
Or as I am effectively just proving compliance with a European emissions standard is there one sticker that's valid for them all. Seems like a massive amount of effort, expense and Bureaucracy doing the same thing over and over again but then again it's going to raise lots of money for them.

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
How did you reduce the logbook information to fit in the limit of 200 kilobytes, Try as I might I cannot reduce my A4 sheet to anything like that even in grayscale. Because of that it will not progress with the site.
I started off with a pdf from a scan that I had done last year, converted it to a (colour) jpg file, which was 932kb. Opened that file with Microsoft Digital Image 2006 Standard Edition Editor (other image editors are available) and resaved it, going into "Options" to set the quality level to 40 (presumably 40%). It came out (still in colour) at 177kb and uploaded OK.

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User

My MH is French registered so I just had to send the Carte Gris ( Log book) number. If I remember correctly when I want to reduce the size of a file I used the Paint program on my PC which reduced it to 200 K

OP
OP
D

DL42846

Deleted User
Having had a quick look at the AA website it seems that more and more towns and cities throughout Europe are introducing some sort of sticker or permit requirement. If my euro tour takes me to several of these countries and cities do I have to make individual applications for a
  • Umweltzonen (Germany)
  • Miljozone (Denmark)
Or as I am effectively just proving compliance with a European emissions standard is there one sticker that's valid for them all. Seems like a massive amount of effort, expense and Bureaucracy doing the same thing over and over again but then again it's going to raise lots of money for them.

As far as I can see each country has its own badge system. There doesn't seem to be a blanket one that covers all of Europe. I would imagine its going to take Brussels a few years before they get round to it, Mainly because they clock in at 09:00 and go home at 09:30 and it would seem a logical think to do and Brussels doesn't work in a logical way. We will all be driving electric cars by the time Brussels get round to it. Germany has its own badge system. http://www.environmental-badge.co.uk/en/environmental-badge.html

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just received my cit'air sticker for my 2009 Fiat Ducato 130 Multyjet. It's an Orange Cit'air 3 certificate.
I'm waiting to receive the one for my car now.
Not that I intend going to Paris in the Motor Home, But a few weeks ago Grenoble adopted the same scheme.
I have been looking to find out what the color code is for the day to be able to enter either Paris, Lyon or Grenoble; This is the only thing I could find which might be of some help to others on here.https://www.crit-air.fr/en.html
Then scroll down to "You find here the daily news about the Crit’Air vignettes allowed to drive for: Paris, Lyon, Grenoble"
Any idea if the peripherique included in the Paris restrictions.

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Can I possibly use a picture taken by my mobile phone as I don't have or want a scanner?

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Just decided that I should apply for a sticker just in case we stray into one of the areas and have scanned my V5 and reduced it to size.
But, there is nothing on the V5 to indicate that the vehicle is Euro 5 or what the emissions are.
How will they know what sticker to issue?

Richard.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just decided that I should apply for a sticker just in case we stray into one of the areas and have scanned my V5 and reduced it to size.
But, there is nothing on the V5 to indicate that the vehicle is Euro 5 or what the emissions are.
How will they know what sticker to issue?

Richard.
Date of registration is what most countries go by if no emissions shown.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
  • Umweltzonen (Germany)
  • Miljozone (Denmark)
Depends on your weight and age of the van also, I went to cities in all of those countries last year in the MH and Germany was the only one I bought the sticker for. In the Netherlands there are helpful signs explaining compliance before you enter. The rest not, but from my reading of the rules I thought I complied anyway so just went in!!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I started off with a pdf from a scan that I had done last year, converted it to a (colour) jpg file, which was 932kb. Opened that file with Microsoft Digital Image 2006 Standard Edition Editor (other image editors are available) and resaved it, going into "Options" to set the quality level to 40 (presumably 40%). It came out (still in colour) at 177kb and uploaded OK.
AAARRRHHH!!!! how do I do that? Beachy head here I come.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
How did you reduce the logbook information to fit in the limit of 200 kilobytes, Try as I might I cannot reduce my A4 sheet to anything like that even in grayscale. Because of that it will not
I photographed my V5 with my iPhone reduced the picture to under 200kb aired it across to my iPad filled in the application

Jun 1, 2016
Chesham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since April 2016
I had the same problem as GwayGway trying to get my picture of the V5 small enough to met the size limits 200kb. I use Apple and had to get the picture into iPhoto then save it There options were offered to choose the size of file. By picking 'smallest' at each stage it worked. Then attached it to the application. Sticker not arrived yet but receipt acknowledged.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Thank you to all that offered help in reducing the document size
. I HAVE DONE IT NOW.
I used my phone to photo it and sent it be email to my computer, then lost the file, found it in my computer as a jpeg of 118 kb. It was accepted straight off by the website and I have finished the application. so if anybody else needs to do it then that might be the easy way. I was wondering if there are any other place I might go to that require them.

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
Anyone tried tracking their application on the French website ? Despite putting in the correct information, it keeps telling me that the registration number is wrong. I've done it with a space, as one string, but still no joy. I've copied and pasted the information from my confirmation e-mail, but again no joy.

Any ideas anyone ?

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Anyone tried tracking their application on the French website ? Despite putting in the correct information, it keeps telling me that the registration number is wrong. I've done it with a space, as one string, but still no joy. I've copied and pasted the information from my confirmation e-mail, but again no joy.

Any ideas anyone ?
Have you tried with just your email address and order number? I get the same error with registration number but as only one of registration number or order number is required (together with email address), it's not a major issue.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
I have just tried to track my application, but getting the same as you wrong registration number, so it's not just you, they reckon they should be delivered within 30 days, just have to wait i suppose.

parigby

Free Member
Aug 20, 2009
Ludlow
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
20 years
TJBi - many thanks, just tried it and at least now know they are still processing it. Thanks again.

Kevan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 18, 2014
Kent and south west France
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
30 years caravan/motorhome
just done it without putting reg no in, says order in progress.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back