Air Line Cracks In The Body Work ? Should We Worry?? (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
:worried: Hi guys .

Should be 'Hairline ' Sorry!!

Can you put our minds at ease at all please? We have recently taken on a Auto Trail Cheyenne 630 LB. Although the MH is a 2005/6 ( I say 05/06 because it was actually registered in December 05 , seemed close to an 06 possibly? ) Any way..We have had a few minor issues with it all be it petty stuff.
It is second hand after all.Some of which, I have asked for advice on here and received vey good help too I may add :clap: .
I am now needing some more help though ..sorry!
In the form of mental relief though! Something a little better than paracetamol or Neurofen!
I have noticed some minor cracking in the fibre glass posts that run down the the body work behind the two cab doors! I seriously had not seen this before other wise I may have said leave well alone.
IS it something to concern myself over or not? My mH has come with a full history and Habitation Certificate showing no faults , it has very low mileage and shows very little use at all to be honest.
It had only covered 600 miles in the year before we had it, and quite honestly runs like a 'New one'.
If I am being perfectly honest with you all...I was polishing it! Anorak I know :yawn: . It was only then had I picked up on these small air line cracks ! Where they are too, I should have seen them as I have got in and out of the cab! Fool!! Sometimes wonder if the glasses I have need throwing away! :coolest:
Any way...Any advice yet again would be gratefully accepted. I will one day be as Knowledgable as you guys...Promise! Just need a little more time please.

Kev and Carolyn :dance:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi it sounds like fiberglass stress crazing which is not uncommon have had it on o couple of my boats in the past ,and have it on the front of my older moho will get around to fixing it with a drop of " flowcoat " when I have time not terminal

Just Google fiberglass street crazing plenty of info there :)

http://www.multitechproducts.com/pages/Crazing.html

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Kev and Carolyn

In a word "don't worry" sorry two words, I am sure somebody will come on and say captain trolleys creeping crack cure, never used in myself so not sure what it will do or how good it does it. The crack will just be stress cracks in the gel coat and as long as the surface feels firm you will be fine. Plenty of polish will not hurt at all.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Thanks Martin.

No flex in the panels at all , but just a little worrying having not seen them beforehand!
Spend most of my time polishing to be honest! :sneaky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back