air in water pipes (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
help! first time out in m/h filled up tank with water now seems i have air in pipes because taps bang when i turn them on. M/H is a Suntor 530LP, is the pump under wardrobe near hot tank.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I've never experienced taps banging in either of our vans but they do plenty of spluttering when charging the system after it's been empty. As well as drawing water through all the cold taps you need to make sure the hot water tank is full by drawing water through the hot taps as well. Draw it through until it runs smoothly without spluttering.

OP
OP
Goldenoldies
May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
I've never experienced taps banging in either of our vans but they do plenty of spluttering when charging the system after it's been empty. As well as drawing water through all the cold taps you need to make sure the hot water tank is full by drawing water through the hot taps as well. Draw it through until it runs smoothly without spluttering.

Thanks GJH but just noticed pump is leaking at o ring

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
FWIW in ours, the first tap you are told to turn on is the combined basin tap/shower head in the bathroom, then turn it to warm - once that's stopped spluttering the sink taps shouldn't treat you too badly!

In your case - after you've mended the O ring of course .....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back