Air In The Fresh Water System (1 Viewer)

Cabbyshack

Free Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sudbury Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three Years
Every. Time I open the tap on the sink or washroom or flush the toilet a huge gush of air and water sprays everywhere, any suggestions please, Cabbyshack

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
You don't say what van you have but the pump is sucking air from somewhere.

A fault on Autotrails (I understand) is the pick up pipe from the water tank is pop riveted in to its position.

The centre of the pop rivet falls out and allows air into the pipe. A self tapping screw is the fix by all accounts.

Also maybe if it is the first time you have used it since winter you have some frost damage somewhere. Non return valve maybe.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Has it been drained down ?
If it has the chances are the hot water tank is still not full..
Open the hot watr taps and keep the pump running until there are no more spurty happenings ! :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We usually drain the water out of the van when don't plan to use it for a couple of weeks. On refilling we have to be careful when first turning on the taps otherwise water can get blasted out.

Our simple solution is just to turn the kitchen tap on slightly until just water comes through then all is okay.

As far as I know this is not a fault, just a mixture of water and air under pressure for a few seconds.

Paul

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
another common fault is the non return valve on the pickup side of the pump has stuck open. when the pump switches off the water in the pipe drains back into the tank

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
We drained our water system pre-winter and, when I filled up with water recently, I couldn't get any water from the hot water taps. I tried sucking air out of the taps (have to be a bit of a contortionist to do this) and got a little water out but still not working properly.

The pump was 'whirring' intermittently so, with a rubber hammer, I gave it a couple of whacks. Everything now works OK.

I had been told before that sometimes the pump seizes up over winter and, as long as you are not too forceful with the rubber hammer, hitting it a couple of times frees it again.

Hope this helps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back