alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi All, does any one have any experience of, or using a Travel cool air conditioning unit, they are the same as the american RV and electrolux systems,but instead of 110/ 230/240v power, it is powered by 12v ideal when your driving,any info or opinions much appreciated, Regards Alf

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Alf, I have one on my RMB and I think JJ has one on his Hymer. Mine works fine, although it is not as good as a mains one. They have a separate 25 litre water container and can be used to cool the air or as an extractor unit. Mine pulls about 4 amps so can be used with a good battery bank and solars. Am not so sure that they are available new now.

OP
OP
alfandM

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Thanks for the info Dave,i was asking as i saw one for sale, still boxed and as new,and i was wondering if works well as driven by 12volts and they are asking 6000skr = around 600 pounds for it,again thanks for the info and enjoy your self's at malvern also say hello from us up here to Nigel Pam garry and chris if you bump into them:thumb:Regards Alf.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
No worries pal. Am here at Cwymcuttan with JJ and Frankie at the minute enjoying the scenery and piece and quiet. The Travel-cool is a good bit of kit and I use it quite a lot when on site or when on the road. We don't have dash air and this does make a difference. I must admit I have never put water in the container as its been cold enough without. The great thing about it for us is we can use it when no hookup and when on site with low amp hookups. I have had the mains airos but found I had to run the onboard genny when on the road or if on site as they trip the electrics.

OP
OP
alfandM

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Thanks again Dave, i recon i shall buy this for us,like you i thought it will be good when on the move have a great time All enjoy,cheers Alf:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back