Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wet and cold place outside of M25
Funster No
MH
4 wheels and a pointy end
Exp
still in nappies
Retro fit by Eberspacher so not a Peugeot part. The bearing was screeching down in Germany and the Peugeot garage could only remove the Pulley and belt so that we could proceed in relative peace minus air con which would have been handy. Greenflag shall be getting a call for refund as by the time the girl asked all the useless details that should have been logged by my membership details I ran out of call time and with no wifi could not top up, I was not happy at that stage. Anyway can any of you advise where to get the pulley in UK or ebay, I have had a look but nothing is coming up that looks anything like the biz.
Peugoet Boxer x250 2008 2.2 HDI 100.

Thanks

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Yes I said that, but Eberspacher sites not particularly parts orientated they just want to sell you new complete kits ?? :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes I said that, but Eberspacher sites not particularly parts orientated they just want to sell you new complete kits ?? :(

SORRY I thought you were suggesting looking for a Peugeot Boxer X250 part, I second the suggestion of e-mail to Eberspacher.

Martin

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
No reply so far from Eberspacher, reflection of the reliability of their equipment ? :(

I bought a new 85cm sat dish from Satelite superstore, www.satellitesuperstore.com, lads for our European expedition. I let my tripod fall, actually the wind done it and it made a mess of the LNB arm socket. Reply within 2 hours and new part in the post FOC !! (y)(y)

ebo

Nov 9, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
A class Carado i449
Exp
Since 2009
What do you need air con for, since meeting up with you in Germany we've had nothing but rain and snow. Still heading south but still raining, Lake Bled at the moment and no sign of improving.
Good to have had our chat in Fussen.
Cheers Ebo

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Good to have had our chat in Fussen.

Hiya, Ebo We must have towed the sun with us, certainly the few days we took up the Romantischer Strasse was lovely and Trier - Koblenz gorgeous and the wine - hic ! We met"Viking" in Bruges, had a good blether with them too.
I need to get retired so that getting home is not on the schedule. I am sure there is a drop of good weather out there for you. Hang in there!

Yes great to hear a civilised voice, you need a fix every now and then :whistle: Safe voyage, you lucky sods !! (y)

Reactions: ebo
OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
replace the knackered bearings

Yep no reply from Eberspacher, so their crap bearing will be replaced tomorrow without their help. So Jockanezer your suggestion has borne fruit !

On reflection, replacing a dud part from the same source may very well have been a dud idea anyway. (y)

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Most of that type of tensioner use standard bearings - if you can get a local garage to press it out for you take it to your local bearing supplier( just Google it ) you may have to go to Carlisle - they will match it for you and then just get the new one pressed in and refit probably half the price of a new one

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Brammer at Heathhall will be able to sort you out, most likely be a 6201 2RS bearing or similar, will cost under a fiver and will likely be in stock (y)

OP
OP
Moodybrook

Moodybrook

Free Member
Jul 7, 2013
Funster No
MH
Exp
still in nappies
Job done, thanks people, new bearing fitted £5.50 + vat, fitted free. Haven't got it on the van yet, she is back in her Summer shed, job for the weekend. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back