Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
Just about to buy an Autocruise Gleneagle with the 3 litre engine. Salesman says it has air con but I cannot find an air con on/off switch . He says it is an always on system..is he trying o airCon me?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Not so much conning you as doesn't know what he is atalking about combined with being desperate to make a sale....... get it in writing; that'll be fun.

The X250 Ducato has a big button in the centre of the console above the heater controls with an unmistakable snowflake on it.

Of course, if you open the windows you will have eco-friendly aircon that costs nothing to run. Maybe that is what he meant :winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If the person that is selling this van is so badly misinformed what else does he say that does not make sense ?. I would walk away as quickly as possible, how could you trust anything the person said.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Your salesman doesn't know what he is talking about ... we have the 3litre engine in our Autocruise Augusta and as DuxD says above the switch is a flat squarish push button with a snowflake and a small tell tale light between and is just above the two circular heater controls in the center of the dash.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Air con

Aisde from the comments above re the location of the switch, aircon is fitted to all 3.0 MultiJets, as far as I am aware. I had an early one in 2007, and it was standard back then.

Russell

OP
OP
barrywi

barrywi

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I am a Newbie to motorhomes but have caravaned for years
Thanks for all your help

Could not find an obvious button in the van. It is a 2008 so will have to confront the man tomorrow about it. At least it is a very good price , low miles and does come with a warranty for both the habitation and vehicle.
I know it is possible to retro fit air con to these vehicles. The decision would be whether not to bother, fit cab air con or roof air con for when stationary. I have no intention of visiting Spain and find 25 degrees too hot so would be interested on everyone's views.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
Could not find an obvious button in the van. It is a 2008 so will have to confront the man tomorrow about it. At least it is a very good price , low miles and does come with a warranty for both the habitation and vehicle.
I know it is possible to retro fit air con to these vehicles. The decision would be whether not to bother, fit cab air con or roof air con for when stationary. I have no intention of visiting Spain and find 25 degrees too hot so would be interested on everyone's views.

It is well worth having in my opinion, driving about in the weather we are having at the mo is no fun and one of the reasons our van is up for sale:thumb: (otherwise its perfect:Doh:)

But to answer your question, the salesman is telling porkies there is no such thing as an on all the time aircon:Doh:

But I have to say that most of the 3litre vans Ive seen do seem to have air con:Cool:

Last edited:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
.....usually known as climate control on posh cars. You can still switch it off though.

Aircon was one of the "must haves" for the van when I got it. Don't have habitation Aircon though - decided that we would do without and see.

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
As DD says, some manufacturers call it "climate control" (posh name for air con) we had it in our last estate car, it was used all year round and what a difference it made. You always notice the moist , sticky air when you were in a friend's car and they didn't have it:cry:

We don't have it in the van we have just now, but in this current heat it would be fantastic. It will definitely be in the next one though:thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
that would be enough to make me decide to spend my money somewhere that knew a little about what they are selling ( 3litre air con owner)

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
CA_04091316171261-L.jpg

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
If it has the digital heater controls there is a snow flake on the round button on the right of the panel.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
The autocruise Augusta/Gleneagle was built on the Puegeot 3.0 ltr. This Augusta clearly shows no aircon button Link Removed. Look at the picture of the cab.

May be the one the o/p is looking at is a 2008 registered early build on a Puegeot, which may not have had aircon as standard. It still does not excuse the misleading info from the salesman.

Lunarman

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
My last 4 cars all had climate control - simply left the AC on all the time as it cooled in the winter and dehumidified in the summer. Maybe the other way around:Blush: anyway a nice constant temperature.

Looks like no AC in that van though. Techno's picture shows the same as mine except he has the steering wheel on the wrong way round :winky:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Salesman is a twit/liar/idiot (putting it nicely)

Powering the compressor uses more fuel so it would be expensive to leave it on constantly.

It is though, recommended to put your aircon on once a month to ensure the system is kept lubricated. Seemingly it can cause problems if this is not done.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I did try running a car once without using the AC to see what would happen. I couldn't find any difference so don't really bother about it now. I think newer AC systems may be a bit more efficient; anyway having spent all that money on a van decided that comfort overcame the need to save some money

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back