Air con on 3 litre chassis

Discussion in 'Peugeot' started by barrywi, Jul 14, 2013.

1. barrywi

barrywi Read Only Funster

Just about to buy an Autocruise Gleneagle with the 3 litre engine. Salesman says it has air con but I cannot find an air con on/off switch . He says it is an always on system..is he trying o airCon me?

2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Not so much conning you as doesn't know what he is atalking about combined with being desperate to make a sale....... get it in writing; that'll be fun.

The X250 Ducato has a big button in the centre of the console above the heater controls with an unmistakable snowflake on it.

Of course, if you open the windows you will have eco-friendly aircon that costs nothing to run. Maybe that is what he meant :Wink:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

If the person that is selling this van is so badly misinformed what else does he say that does not make sense ?. I would walk away as quickly as possible, how could you trust anything the person said.

• Like Like x 2
  4. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Your salesman doesn't know what he is talking about ... we have the 3litre engine in our Autocruise Augusta and as DuxD says above the switch is a flat squarish push button with a snowflake and a small tell tale light between and is just above the two circular heater controls in the center of the dash.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rapide561

Rapide561 Read Only Funster

Air con

Aisde from the comments above re the location of the switch, aircon is fitted to all 3.0 MultiJets, as far as I am aware. I had an early one in 2007, and it was standard back then.

Russell

6. barrywi

barrywi Read Only Funster

Thanks for all your help

Could not find an obvious button in the van. It is a 2008 so will have to confront the man tomorrow about it. At least it is a very good price , low miles and does come with a warranty for both the habitation and vehicle.
    I know it is possible to retro fit air con to these vehicles. The decision would be whether not to bother, fit cab air con or roof air con for when stationary. I have no intention of visiting Spain and find 25 degrees too hot so would be interested on everyone's views.

7. DuxDeluxe

Didn't know that it was standard on the 3 litre.

8. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

It is well worth having in my opinion, driving about in the weather we are having at the mo is no fun and one of the reasons our van is up for sale:thumb: (otherwise its perfect:Doh:)

But to answer your question, the salesman is telling porkies there is no such thing as an on all the time aircon:Doh:

But I have to say that most of the 3litre vans Ive seen do seem to have air con:Cool:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DuxDeluxe

.....usually known as climate control on posh cars. You can still switch it off though.

Aircon was one of the "must haves" for the van when I got it. Don't have habitation Aircon though - decided that we would do without and see.

10. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

As DD says, some manufacturers call it "climate control" (posh name for air con) we had it in our last estate car, it was used all year round and what a difference it made. You always notice the moist , sticky air when you were in a friend's car and they didn't have it:cry:

We don't have it in the van we have just now, but in this current heat it would be fantastic. It will definitely be in the next one though:thumb:

11. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

that would be enough to make me decide to spend my money somewhere that knew a little about what they are selling ( 3litre air con owner)

12. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

[​IMG]

13. aba

aba

If it has the digital heater controls there is a snow flake on the round button on the right of the panel.

14. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

permanently on system......that's going to be fun in the winter months.

15. lunarman

lunarman Funster

The autocruise Augusta/Gleneagle was built on the Puegeot 3.0 ltr. This Augusta clearly shows no aircon button "Augusta. Look at the picture of the cab.

May be the one the o/p is looking at is a 2008 registered early build on a Puegeot, which may not have had aircon as standard. It still does not excuse the misleading info from the salesman.

Lunarman

16. DuxDeluxe

My last 4 cars all had climate control - simply left the AC on all the time as it cooled in the winter and dehumidified in the summer. Maybe the other way around:Blush: anyway a nice constant temperature.

Looks like no AC in that van though. Techno's picture shows the same as mine except he has the steering wheel on the wrong way round :Wink:

17. keith

keith Funster

Salesman is a twit/liar/idiot (putting it nicely)

Powering the compressor uses more fuel so it would be expensive to leave it on constantly.

It is though, recommended to put your aircon on once a month to ensure the system is kept lubricated. Seemingly it can cause problems if this is not done.

18. DuxDeluxe

I did try running a car once without using the AC to see what would happen. I couldn't find any difference so don't really bother about it now. I think newer AC systems may be a bit more efficient; anyway having spent all that money on a van decided that comfort overcame the need to save some money