Free Member
Feb 12, 2010
North Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail
Exp
Since 2009
Does anyone have any experience of the "Cool my Camper" air con unit, the one that can be fixed to a window?? Do they work ie are they effective.

Thanks in advance.:Cool:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i dont doubt they do work but at 350watts (1.52amps @230vac) i cant see it being very efficient.

The business end (compressor) hangs outside your window which MAY mean the window cant be fully secured and the unit is vulnerable to theft or vandalism.

£540 is a lot of money to find the unit is crap

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Hi..
Not had one of these but almost bought one after a lot of research. They are supposed to be quite good..
Originally they are an Italian design.. Not sure who builds them now but if we had kept or last van I would have bought one.
Spookily enough I have just seen these in a catalogue bundled with MMM
http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/84238-has-anyone-got-a-cool-my-camper-air-con-unit/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
From the website it is a proper air con system. Might be noisy but otherwise if you want air con it looks a cheaper alternative. However, it looks bulky so you need space to stow it. Interesting product on the face of it so thanks for posting. http://www.coolmycamper.com/default.htm

Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
ac

We have a "Cool my Camper ac" (as does my brother) used in Salou June/July 2013 at the La Siesta site,
Agree it is quite bulky but it is easy to store under our front lounge seats. I found it very easy to mount on the window frame and was very efficient, cooled the van down no problem. in the evening/overnight used the timer to switch it on/off to keep us cool when in bed.
I did manage to close the windows on to the first catch and having made friends with our neighbours felt it safe enough to be able to leave the van, also kept our dog cool too.
When we purchased them I managed to get a deal on them which worked out at £425 each !! bonus is that unlike roof mount ones it can be transferred to another van plus it can be used at home !!
More than a few "visitors" to our van wished that they had one when the temperatures hit 37c !! :Cool::Cool:

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
I have one, it is effective but not really big enough for our current vehicle
I could be persuaded to part with it, it has only been used in anger once.

pm if you are interested.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I had one running next to me on a site in France last year in a caravan window.
The guy had x2 EHU running , one for the caravan one for the AC.
It buzzed on and on all day and night:Angry:

When they went out for the day I accidentally:Blush: pulled the AC plug off the EHU box, it would not run again unless it was reset inside .
--I found peace.:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
We had two roof mounted in the RV and the cool air ducted to roof vents, all very posh.. but only ever ran it to test and keep the seals lubricated .. otherwise.. too noisy :Doh:

they are very unsociable.. almost as bad as a genny.

If the heat bothers you.. take time to acclimatize, .. or stay in the UK .

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Broken Link Removed

1,150 Euros for this Laminox branded version. £540 for the Cool My Camper version.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back