Air Bag Warning Light (1 Viewer)

Nov 23, 2011
durham
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2006
We are in the South of France and a couple of days ago the Air Bag Warning light came on. The Puegeot Boxer hand book says its a pretension system activation fault. A google search suggests the wiring connections under the seat but ive checked these and they appear secure and ok . Any suggestions would be helpful.:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
[HI]DONT[/HI] play with airbags.

Playing with wiring etc can deploy the bag when you may be leaning over it.

If the light is on it generally means the bag isnt going to work if in an accident....not that it may go off for no reason.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
probably a dirty sensor or a faulty one. Wiring can be an issue sometimes too. However, as john says, find an expert, let him plug it in to the computer, it will say which one it is and be fixed just like that. I paid about £80 for a similar problem on my car.

at the end of the day, you only need an air bag if you crash, so make sure you dont crash:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

greyman1

Free Member
Aug 7, 2011
manchester
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
9 years motorhome / 10 years campervan
yeah leave alone till you get home . some pretension systems have sensors in the seat belt reel itself and also in the buckle holder so you wont find these under the seat anyway . regards garry

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
You could take the MH somewhere to plug in a diagnostic tool. This will allow you to make a record of the error code and see if it is pending (still a fault) or recorded (and therefore no longer current). You can then clear the error and see if it comes back.

If it doesn't come back you won't need to do anything.

I have a rather complicated Italian car and its always throwing up error codes: air bag, alarm, immobiliser etc. [HI]These occur more when the vehicle is driven infrequently and the voltage in the battery drops.[/HI]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back