Aid to remembering corner steadies (1 Viewer)

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi All.

On reading posts on forgeting corner steadies I just thought that a tip given to me by an older motorcaravanner years ago might help some it did me.:thumb:

After parking up and lowering steadies place brace across foot pedals in cab, you can't drive off then with them down. I know when I was useing them I never had problems again, and no red face.:Blush:

Dave

Last edited:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Hi All.

On reading posts on forgeting corner steadies I just thought that a tip given to me by an older motorcaravanner years ago might help some it did me.:thumb:

After parking up and lowering steadies place brace across foot pedals in cab, you can't drive off then with them down. I know when I was useing them I never had problems again, and no red face.:Blush:

Dave

as a newbe thats a great tip, I was dreading doing that, now with a simple trick no:Blush:

so a big:thumb:

Boo

Free Member
Jan 26, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
A cls
Exp
9 years
Hi All.

Dave

Good Idea...............but no good to us in Yanks as ours are pull down steadies and so no brace needed.............I put a post-it on the dials to remind me :thumb:

Boo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
BOO this is your signature.

I'm never getting married again................just gonna buy a house for some women who don't like me..........and just cut out the years of misery

Hi Boo

I don't like you, hee hee, so I will have a nice new bungalow in Ilfracombe please.

Cheers

Lesley

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
really not a problem if you're on grass......two lovely deep plough forrows 'til you realise you aint going as fast as you should....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Good Idea...............but no good to us in Yanks as ours are pull down steadies and so no brace needed.............I put a post-it on the dials to remind me :thumb:

Boo

Same for us.

I leave a yellow cloth over the steering wheel whenever I put the legs down or if I turn the gas on for the fridge while parked up for shopping etc.

mfh27748

Free Member
Mar 4, 2008
essex/london
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
since 2008
corner steadies

I'm looking for a pair of corner steadies for an Autotrail Apache 634l(2008) apart from the factory any Suggestions.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Try winding the electric cable around one to remind you after you unplug :ROFLMAO: then again you need something to remind you to unplug before driving :Doh::ROFLMAO:
terry

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
You could try Mnemonics. Mnemonics is using a main word, and the letters meaning items to remember. They are used a lot in flying training, and help you to remember important things, especially when your head and hands are full, and things MUST be remembered, and in a specific order. One such mnemonic is BUMPFICH, that helps me remember prior to landing, (Brakes) off-(Undercarriage) down and locked, (Mixture) rich, (Primer) locked, (and pump on), (Fuel) on and contents sufficient, (Instruments) working and correct, (Carb heat) on then off at 300ft, (Hatches and Harnesses) locked and secure.
Now with motorhomes you could have something like LEAVING, meaning, (Legs or Levellers) stowed, (Electric) cable disconnected and stored, (Antenna) down and locked, (Vents) and windows secure, (Interior) fixtures and fittings secure, (Nothing) left underneath or outside,
(Gently) vacate pitch and lookaround once more. Anything along these lines is good, and if it helps you remember all the better. Just a thought.
Craig.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
You could try Mnemonics. Mnemonics is using a main word, and the letters meaning items to remember. They are used a lot in flying training, and help you to remember important things, especially when your head and hands are full, and things MUST be remembered, and in a specific order. One such mnemonic is BUMPFICH, that helps me remember prior to landing, (Brakes) off-(Undercarriage) down and locked, (Mixture) rich, (Primer) locked, (and pump on), (Fuel) on and contents sufficient, (Instruments) working and correct, (Carb heat) on then off at 300ft, (Hatches and Harnesses) locked and secure.
Now with motorhomes you could have something like LEAVING, meaning, (Legs or Levellers) stowed, (Electric) cable disconnected and stored, (Antenna) down and locked, (Vents) and windows secure, (Interior) fixtures and fittings secure, (Nothing) left underneath or outside,
(Gently) vacate pitch and lookaround once more. Anything along these lines is good, and if it helps you remember all the better. Just a thought.
Craig.

How about SOFT Used in the Army a lot before driving away.
S - Stores/Safety Is my load secure and safe. I do a visual check around the vehicle to ensure windows are secure and steadies are up etc My lady wife does the same indoors Simple isn't it!!
O - Oil Dip and check level
F - Fuel Do I have enough for the journey
T - Tyres Check pressure

Why not start a thread on Mneumonics There must be hundreds out there:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread