LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I've had a quote from AIB for MH insurance its underwritten by Marker Study. Are they any good? Previously we've had Comfort but the renewal is a tad on the expensive side.

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Blimey, that's some set of reviews @MH 55 FUN. One to avoid it would appear!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Not read those reviews yet and have no experience of claiming but in every other respect I`ve found them very good and competetive.
I`ve just had renewal notice from them and not looked yet at alternatives but looking at the number, I doubt it can be betered.
Edit : Hmmm...........just read reviews......... might ring AIB for some alternatives or reassurances.
I suppose all online reviews have to be taken with a degree of scepticism but it would be interesting to hear from someone who`s had a claim handled by Markerstudy

Last edited:

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Blimey, that's some set of reviews @MH 55 FUN. One to avoid it would appear!

They are indeed grim reviews & we wouldn't touch Markerstudy with the proverbial bargepole & have declined insurance quotations in the past once the underwriter was identified as above.

Each to their own though . . :eek:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Why would a broker deal with such a shoddy insurer?
Not customer focused
Maybe they pay high commissions
Stinks !

Reactions: f6c

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have been with them for three years ,but recent quotes for another vehicle way way off!
will be looking elsewhere when due for renewal.

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Try nfu, they have good reviews and gave us an excellent price.

derek chilton

Free Member
Feb 5, 2017
leigh on sea
Funster No
MH
timberland renault
Exp
14 years
have had my van insurancde with adrian flx for a couple of years lots of good reviews and lots of bad the trouble is you only know how good they are when you go to claim seems like sods law just drive to the conditions and keep off the backside of the guy in front delboy

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Seems to fit with my experience of AIB this year when i called them for a quote.
Quote was cheap ( but not by a huge amount) compared to Safeguard and Comfort who I usually use.
When i did a review search on the underwriters it came back very poor...

I stuck with Safeguard, I have had a big smash claim and a couple of overseas breakdowns in the past and all dealt with to my satisfaction.

Deleted User
With regards to Markerstudy reviews has anyone compared their reviews to any other underwriters?

I did recently and lots were all the same, it seems to me that only people with bad experiences bother to write reviews.

I continued to be insured with Markerstudy through Camptons, the only true test of any insurance is when you claim, you pays your money and makes your choice.

It would be interesting to look at the scores of the alternative insurances that anyone has taken after reading a bad review of Markerstudy.

Aviva: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.aviva.co.uk

Admiral: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/admiral-car-insurance.co.uk

Swinton; http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews11389.html

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
My three were all with Markerstudy until last year when AIB switched to LV or it's trading name Highway Insurance.

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
I have just had a very favourable quote from AIB and the insurer
is Equity Redstar.Does anybody have any dealings with them good
or bad?

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We were with them for three years but changed this year as we were not happy with their telephone manner when we moved here to South Wales and needed to change address on the policy.
We have gone to Caravan and Motorhome Club who were actually cheaper than the AIB renewal quote.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I am having problems getting ins because my van is 27 years old . most will only go up to 16 years. Aib say no age limit and no size . Unless some one knows a company that will insure me in the EU.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Have you tried 2gether ins @cruiser not very good on the review side but they do classic car and camper ins ,as does a few others which yours should come under .
Had a couple of my older ones with an agreed valuation as well .

Or have I misread it and your after breakdown ins cover ?

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Yes I want breakdown cover. I have UK insurance.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Unless I'm mistaken ADAC Plus .will cover you no age limit .
Someone did post the full t & c's on here
You and the Boss are the units of membership ,so any vehicle you are using ,UK and Europe .Or in.
The AA is the back up service in the UK .
But in the event of a breakdown you call Germany. (I use a Toggle SIM payg ) for calling abroad 3ppm .which unlike most is there until you use it .not just for 30 days .
As regards AIB / Marker study.
I've been with them for coming up to four years , recently had a windscreen claim the appointed repairer's Auto Windsceen's .Who are online with no local depot.
Poor customer service(nightmare) from Markerstudy reluctantly agreed to send out a fitter to inspect for a possible new screen ,which was the wrong one first off .
Who owns Auto Windsceen's ,yep Markerstudy also The insurance factory and others.
So not a lot of confidence left for renewal next month .

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Thanks for that @jollyrodger The insurance lot I am with now , they go through marker as well. I have been with these for about 6 years . I also had a windscreen go , but this was in England. Had no problems then. I go through saga for my car But it is a r reg. So it is over 17 years old. Up till last year Saga would let me add travel EU insurance for my motorhome. But now it is a no go , they say it is because my car is to old.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Me again @jollyrodger . I have got my EU ins from £16.25 a month from l/Victoria . And we can cancel when we come back. That will cost us £10. No age limit on vans. I would not take out full ins as they will only cover my van third party. ???

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Me again @jollyrodger . I have got my EU ins from £16.25 a month from l/Victoria . And we can cancel when we come back. That will cost us £10. No age limit on vans. I would not take out full ins as they will only cover my van third party. ???
Is that brakdown cuver ?
Bill

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
Yes @Wildbill . It is for EU brake down cover only. I have full cover ins with Comptons . They are under written by Markerstudy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back