Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
That time of the year again and living in an East London postcode quotes can be challenging.
Hat off toNigel at AIB who managed to get me a fully comp (90 days away) quote of 279.41.
£100 cheaper than my renewal and several hundred cheaper than saga comfort safeguard etc.. caravan guard and nfu would cover me ...
Nice one AIB .
:cheers:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
I also just had a really good quote from @AIBinsurance with a Funster discount applied.
Of the other firms I approached, one came up better and offered some extra goodies (I think by mistake - a bit of 'over-selling') so I went with them, although I'd love to support AIB because they support Fun.
2 of the other firms were almost twice the AIB quote.
I'll certainly go back to them for a quote next time I'm in the market.

AIBinsurance

Funster
Mar 13, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
All sorts
Exp
Hi guys, thanks for the kind comments, we do love the Funsters!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
That time of the year again and living in an East London postcode quotes can be challenging.
Hat off toNigel at AIB who managed to get me a fully comp (90 days away) quote of 279.41.
£100 cheaper than my renewal and several hundred cheaper than saga comfort safeguard etc.. caravan guard and nfu would cover me ...
Nice one AIB .
:cheers:

We got the same price as you from AIB and well happy.
SWMBO was wanting a bit longer than the 90days euro cover. (Highly delighted about her thinking) so we splashed out on a bit more. We've got 120days over the water.

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
I asked them for a quote on our new AT Apache. Came out the best and including recovery too.. As soon as we get the vehicle, looks like we will also be insuring via them too.. This included 180 days in Euroland and 10k annual mileage..

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I am just starting to look into insurance as our new MH is due in May. I called AIB who came back with a quote of £526 from Aviva. I just went to the Comfort website and they quoted £298 also underwritten by Aviva so I am confused unless of course the extra £200 is their commission?

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
Had a quote from AIB last year, good price but wouldn't let me see a copy of the insurance etc until I'd paid my money. Then if I didn't like the wording I could have cancelled it. Dudnt like that style so went elsewhere.
May have changed now.
Same as any insurance broker/company you hear good things and bad things. I'm with caravan guard and not had to claime but always been happy with any contact I've had with them.

Shawn.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Insurance co's are all the same IMHO. The only difference between good and bad is the speed they run to the hills trying to avoid payment on a claim.
makes them a bit like parachutes, you don't know the quality of yours until you need to pull the rip chord then you pray and hope that you have bought one of the least worst ones.

Nov 23, 2015
Burwash, Horsham & The Dordogne
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Comanche
Exp
Since 2016
Wow... Just had a wonderful experience with AIB... Spoke with Darren.. (y)

I made a BooBoo with some details on my quote, my fault entirely and they have kept the premium as is. Got an insurance quote on my Lotus too and they have beaten my existing quote and done a guaranteed value on my car... Thank You very much AIB.. Very easy and a pleasure to do business with..

My pocket is a little lighter this morning but at least my Leisure Vehicles are now insured for the next year.. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back