AIB again (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
We have just moved into our new welsh home so today I was ringing round changing our address with various companies. AIB are charging us £25 for the privilege of changing our motorhome insurance address ...our Car insurance company are giving us a refund of £23 ......I doubt we will be going with AIB again when our policy is due for renewal in March.:xblush:

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
We have just moved into our new welsh home so today I was ringing round changing our address with various companies. AIB are charging us £25 for the privilege of changing our motorhome insurance address ...our Car insurance company are giving us a refund of £23 ......I doubt we will be going with AIB again when our policy is due for renewal in March.:xblush:

Mmm that's a bit steep:xblink:
you shoulda said to them you've got my address slightly wrong guys, can you amend it please:xThumb::xgrin:

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Mmm that's a bit steep:xblink:
you shoulda said to them you've got my address slightly wrong guys, can you amend it please:xThumb::xgrin:
I think they would have twigged that one ...our previous address was lancashire and we are now in South Wales .
We thought it was steep too particularly as our car insurance company refunded us.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Lots now charge for all sorts of things :(

I am in process of ringing about.. Had a Quote off AIB, Cheap BUT I reviewed the company and the reading is Dire !!
Know you can believe all you read but so many were giving a single 1 star review, dont think it allows you to give zero or a negative..
Not AIB that I am refering to but the company they offered the quote from..

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Got three vehicles with them. Can't remember what it was, probably a change of car, but when the girl who's name escapes me told me there was a £25 charge I said it was never mentioned when I spoke to Darren during a recent conversation regarding the van renewal. She went off and came back to tell me there would be no charge. Talk to them again and tell them you'll go elsewhere in future.

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Got three vehicles with them. Can't remember what it was, probably a change of car, but when the girl who's name escapes me told me there was a £25 charge I said it was never mentioned when I spoke to Darren during a recent conversation regarding the van renewal. She went off and came back to tell me there would be no charge. Talk to them again and tell them you'll go elsewhere in future.
Already told them that ....the lad I spoke to said that's up to you I'll put a note on the file....I did ask him to tell Nigel who I normally deal with why we won't be renewing but I doubt he will.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't know what's gone wrong with aib they are on here but never seem to reply to any posts, they were full of it when they first came on and a lot of funsters went with them.

Sep 9, 2011
Worcester
Funster No
MH
looking
Exp
Insured with them for a year broke down had a problem with the breakdown people cost me a lot of money wont do it again went back to comfort plus I have nationwide breakdown with my card

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Most insurance brokers charge for admin tasks like changes of address or annual mileage, issuing green cards etc even if there is no change to the premium. There is no commission it it for them and typically a fair proportion of their time (and expense) is taken up by admin changes like this. If they didnt charge they would go out of business or would have to load the insurance premiums to cover the cost.
A broker that doesnt charge is probably going to be undercut by one that does.

OP
OP
davanne
Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Insured with them for a year broke down had a problem with the breakdown people cost me a lot of money wont do it again went back to comfort plus I have nationwide breakdown with my card
Think we will be going back to comfort John
Hope you and Mary are well:xsmile:

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Lots now charge for all sorts of things :(

I am in process of ringing about.. Had a Quote off AIB, Cheap BUT I reviewed the company and the reading is Dire !!
Know you can believe all you read but so many were giving a single 1 star review, dont think it allows you to give zero or a negative..
Not AIB that I am refering to but the company they offered the quote from..
Just insured the car with them from info on here -was going to do "van with them----?????

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Many insurers charge around £25 administration charge for any amendments to a policy....it will be in the really tiny print.

Mine (hastings direct) want £10 for a paper ins certificate....or i can download and print for free.
I guess it keeps premiums down if theres no admin and postage.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't know what's gone wrong with aib they are on here but never seem to reply to any posts, they were full of it when they first came on and a lot of funsters went with them.

They only reply to posts telling them how good they are :rolleyes:

I posted a couple of years ago asking whether they would be prepared to offer me a full detailed written quote and they never replied to that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back