Ah well better late than never? (1 Viewer)

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
I do not think that I have ever introduced myself (insert red face) as I only ever used the forum for hints and tips and of course some very entertaining reading lol.

Sooooo, apologies to you all for the late introduction, but as I have posted responses in the belly locker (could not stop myself) and 'fired a few' likes about, I thought it was time to come out from the shadows lol.

We are Graham and Barbara both 61, we have had our motorhome for just over 6 years (the one in the avatar) I retired early 6 years ago (long story, rather forced into it) Barbara has been a home maker, full time mum, childminder for the grandchildren, carer for mother in law (now sadly passed), Oh and she held down a full time job at some stage, so we are now 'time rich' but have to be very careful with the pensions, but we are content, but not in a smug way I hope.

I (Graham) will be doing most if not all of the interaction on the forum as it is not the wifes thing, although 'Bartiny' is her user name.

Hope that was not too much info.

Graham.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Graham and Barbara, 61 years to get here, :) I'm sure you'll find it's worth it. Welcome to the fun (y)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, I too was forced into early retirement but once I got use to it I find it fantastic, I mean to say, being paid to have fun and travel, who could ask for more. (y)

OP
OP
bartiny

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
welcome to you both Bartiny, would you care to explain the "Bartiny" handle?

Well the Bar are the 1st three letters of Barbara, tin are the first three letters of the Close we live on, and the Y is the first letter of our surname.

I know:rolleyes: it was her idea Honest:LOL:

OP
OP
bartiny

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
Hi and welcome to FUN, I too was forced into early retirement but once I got use to it I find it fantastic, I mean to say, being paid to have fun and travel, who could ask for more. (y)

Thanks for the reply, yes you are right it took a little time to adjust, it is surprising with a little careful planning and plenty of shopping arround (plenty of time to do that now) we have adjusted very well(y)

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Mmm, I worked for a brewery, one of my accounts was the
pub with a 'very cold ships brake' they did very good meals there, I am going back a few years now though:cool:.
You've got it :) what was the name of the landlord then?
They still do good food (y)

OP
OP
bartiny

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
You've got it :) what was the name of the landlord then?
They still do good food (y)

Flippin eck vera:D you have got me there, all I can remember is we used to 'deal' with a young (well to me anyway) lady mid 30s early 40s:(
I will text my mate later, he will remember her he never forgets nowt:LOL:

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I have text my mate, but he has not got back to me yet:(
In the back of my mind it is saying 'Dawn' but not 100%, never was good with names:unsure:
Don't remember a Dawn but there was a Denise smallish dark hair

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Thats it, I knew it began with a D :LOL: but I am going back maybe 8 years.:unsure:
They arn't there now but still live local ..in fact I think her husband now works for a motorhome dealer Denise is a friend of my step daughter small world isn't it?

OP
OP
bartiny

bartiny

Free Member
May 23, 2010
Accrington, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008
They arn't there now but still live local ..in fact I think her husband now works for a motorhome dealer Denise is a friend of my step daughter small world isn't it?

It certainly is, my mates probably still scratching his head now, I will leave him for an hour or so and if he has not got back to me I will think about putting him out of his missery.
Cruel :giggle:, but good fun :D (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back