Ah! So that's where you dump it! (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I've yet to attend my first rally - but when I do I'd be mindful that it's a public get together, not a public library.
There's likely to be a bit of noisy banter and signing, a bit if swearing and drinking, and maybe a bit of smoking and dumping of grey waste.
Would probably be a bit boring otherwise

So that covered the drugs and Rock&Roll, just get the sex sorted and we'll be there !!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
DavidG58 says in his post that he considers it "inconsiderate and rude" to leave the grey waste valve open after emptying the tank on the grass at the show, well that`s his opinion and his entitled to it, but I can`t understand why nobody seems to think that allowing the karaoke in the funsters tent to finish at 1am is not `inconsiderate and rude`, believe me I am not a killjoy and I enjoy a party, but the noise level was ridiculous. Why was there not some control over the time it was allowed to go on to.

I fully sympathise, but am afraid that's what the meets are about.. especially the bigger ones with the fun marquee , put +40 people in a tent, supply music and drink and you have a party .. and it will be noisy .. either join in, don't go to the meet.. or find a quiet corner.. asking for it to close down by normal bed time won't happen.

It's not everyone's cup of tea.. and why we prefer smaller meets with just a few vans and without the entertainment..

horses for courses..

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why was there not some control over the time it was allowed to go on to.

There normally is, and yes that was far too late, things normally finish around midnight. The person I left in charge failed miserably to do his duty on this occasion and he certainly regrets it now!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
I think what people have to be mindfull of is as a biker who has written off a bike on diesel the trail left by grey waste is very similar to diesel and does make your ticker jump abit. It's just being lazy dumping it on the road.
As for the music I had a great time Friday night, left tent about 1.15am, can't believe a show that big virtually shuts down at 11.00 so thanks from me to the Fun band. Great nights sat/sun as well but noise police shut it down 11.00.
Dave

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Hmmmm.. As someone who might be considered an ex-professional rider ( racking up at least 100,000 miles per anum for many years ) I have never had an issue with waste water causing problems..
I have had fags thrown out the window and burning my bits, I have had coke cans launched and breaking fairings, I have even had a full fish and chip supper land on my lap ( !!! Really !! it was on the M6 ).. I have had to negotiate all sorts of nasty slippery crap ( obviously diesel being far and away the worst ) but waste water ?
Nahhh.. Unless someone goes absolutely potty with the fairy liquid it is so diluted as to not be worth worrying about..

As a by the by.. Anyone who uses windscreen wash liquid is causing a far greater problem to bikers. Now THAT bloody stuff ( along with antifreeze ) really is slippery, really stains gear, and really is a pain when it gets on a visor unless wiped off pretty quickly !

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
There was a master plan in action, by extreme cunning Jim organised for the little pluckers to congregate in south Wales, plucking away but puzzled by the lack of motorhome dealers.

The Pembrey meet was a plucking free meet :LOL:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
worse is the ones with black tanks and electric valves so they can open their black tank when its raining on a motorway or dual carriage way .
thats one of the reasons i try to avoid them roads .
its much more common than you would think .

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
worse is the ones with black tanks and electric valves so they can open their black tank when its raining on a motorway or dual carriage way .
thats one of the reasons i try to avoid them roads .
its much more common than you would think .

Nice,

or should I have said what a load of ____.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
With reference to the late night partying, if it didnt happen, we wouldn't come!
In someone else's words; 'Just because you are breathing doesn't mean you are living'!

I think the title of this site says it all. Anyone after a quiet regimented life should back up to their peg with the Caravan Club!

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
what is wrong with ear plugs. as a night driver for years I found they work quite well. any one who who would like to try some come to my van at the next meet and I will give you a pair. so stop moaning.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
;)
Hmmmm.. As someone who might be considered an ex-professional rider ( racking up at least 100,000 miles per anum for many years ) I have never had an issue with waste water causing problems.
Me neither is just the perceived threat that gets the cheeks pinched in
What about if Jim has a word with Warners for next year, Chas and Dave can have the fun tent and we'll have the marque ;)

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Oh I had the best time ever at Pembrey, (my first meet!) and made sure not to leave until the tent until the end. No pluckers, just rousing voices! I'd normally be the very last to leave but this time my other half beat me to it. I'd have stayed with him if I'd known he would go wandering off and get lost on the way home!

scek

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Couple of years or so.
We have a bucket with 5 holes drilled in the bottom. Keeps the staff happy as they can see a bucket and think I'm using it, and it keeps me happy 'cos I have an empty tank.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I
Hmmmm.. As someone who might be considered an ex-professional rider ( racking up at least 100,000 miles per anum for many years ) I have never had an issue with waste water causing problems..
I have had fags thrown out the window and burning my bits, I have had coke cans launched and breaking fairings, I have even had a full fish and chip supper land on my lap ( !!! Really !! it was on the M6 ).. I have had to negotiate all sorts of nasty slippery crap ( obviously diesel being far and away the worst ) but waste water ?
Nahhh.. Unless someone goes absolutely potty with the fairy liquid it is so diluted as to not be worth worrying about..

As a by the by.. Anyone who uses windscreen wash liquid is causing a far greater problem to bikers. Now THAT bloody stuff ( along with antifreeze ) really is slippery, really stains gear, and really is a pain when it gets on a visor unless wiped off pretty quickly !
One bike holiday in the late '60s I was heading down the AutoRoute du Sud from Paris overnight & ended up following a 2CV full of French teens. I don't know how many bananas they ate (or how many people were in the car) but we stayed in touch all the way to Lyon. Them throwing banana skins out of the open top & me trying to dodge them. A fun way to pass a long & boring journey.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
How much grey water do you produce a day? I have very little as we wash up a batch at a time and washing water is small too. This is the same stuff the Government told us to put on the garden during the drought. Just close the tap after. I note that the magazines seem to be full of UMMM !! I will tell teacher attitude about water including dropping fresh water that is excess.
Always good for a punchup (verbal and written)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
it's a fun weekend it was a big enough field to be well away from the party and fun
bill
Chas and Dave drove me mad from half a mile away, I didn't hear the marquee and I wasn't that far away. BUT I did miss the Karaoke night. That was probably pretty grim seeing you lot in a state of inebriation.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
What's with all this moan C*AP????????
If you go to a great show, well organised, ace company, entertainment laid on, and it DOESN'T RAIN, then fall down upon your knees and thank the Good Lord for his providence!! Grey water, loud music, barking dogs, grunting wives, all moaning stuff.
Lighten up!! You will LOVE to hear a bit of karaoke when your shoving daisies up.......(y)(y)(y)(y).

Kiwi Coss

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
DavidG58 says in his post that he considers it "inconsiderate and rude" to leave the grey waste valve open after emptying the tank on the grass at the show, well that`s his opinion and his entitled to it, but I can`t understand why nobody seems to think that allowing the karaoke in the funsters tent to finish at 1am is not `inconsiderate and rude`, believe me I am not a killjoy and I enjoy a party, but the noise level was ridiculous. Why was there not some control over the time it was allowed to go on to.
Maybe next time a question needs to be asked " how close do you want to be to the fun"? I personally would like to be right next door so I don't have far to stagger home and preferably in a straight line, if you know what I mean. Others may want to be further away to enjoy the quiet but still enjoy the hospitality the MHF brings. To be parked up close then want everything shut down when it doesn't suit seems unreasonable.
We have similar problems in NZ when people move in close to a speedway track cause it is close to the city and cheap, because of the noise on the weekends. Then they want the speedway closed because of the noise. Then house prices go up and they sell and move to another area close to a landfill and start all over again....
Next time park further away

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
It was Just that do not like, Chas and Dave and I was a long way away. They annoy me, not the noise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back