Ah dammit (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
So when I bought my motorhome it was a requirement to have the annual habitation check carried out by a Swift dealer. Reluctantly I therefore booked it in with a local Swift caravan dealer and made a point of asking them to grease the torsion bar on the rear suspension.

One year on and I just got back from the Swift dealer (pioneer caravans) for it's 2nd habitation check. Again I asked them to grease the torsion bar but when they checked with the workshop they said they would not do it. This makes me think that the Swift dealer didn't grease the torsion bar last year!

I actively dislike this Swift dealer so I thought I'd take a look on what the current situation.

Well the Swift website now says...

Annual Habitation Servicing

Any person or company that is NCC approved can undertake servicing on our Caravan or Motorhome products. Should Swift specific parts be required or a warranty related issue arises all orders and claims must be placed through a Swift Group Dealer.

So I could have used another NCC approved company to service the motorhome and given my hard earned cash to someone else who would have greased the torsion bar. D'oh!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I do believe it's the same with cars now, that you can take them anywhere for the so called 'must have' services done on them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back