LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Getting back to the OP ...... it makes me think in my hour of need financially and whether I can afford to run a motorhome .... there is a call for a business on rallies of Dog Minding ... if I wasn't so in a turmoil at the moment it might be worth considering ...
Joy, you might have a good idea here. I appreciate Funsters offer this service at rallies amongst themselves but wonder if it could be taken a step further and a home sitting service agreed. I would be happy to take my van and live in it on someone's drive and look after their dogs for a week or two. Perhaps this is another group which could be set up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
We always fed once a day at night around 1800hrs
However, when we both worked the dogs were given a frozen RAW chicken wing as they were placed in their run before we left for work, this kept them occupied as we disappeared up the drive and stopped them barking all day.

Before anyone starts on about feeding chicken to dogs, Bones etc etc, Dog is a natural scavenger, in the wild, he/she is not able to catch large game, so relies on small stuff, or, dead animals, they are quite happy to crunch up dead birds etc etc, RAW chicken wings is dead bird! Dogs treat a raw chicken wing like a child treats sweets or icecream, it's a treat.
We feed ours raw meat only. It includes bones and most other bits humans don't need / want. It's bought in bulk and ready frozen. The dogs have never been healthier. We have had long dogs for the last 20 years or so - two greyhounds and at present a Whippet dog and whippet x Italian greyhound bitch. They rarely rise before 9.00am and more usually it's 10.00am.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Joy, you might have a good idea here. I appreciate Funsters offer this service at rallies amongst themselves but wonder if it could be taken a step further and a home sitting service agreed. I would be happy to take my van and live in it on someone's drive and look after their dogs for a week or two. Perhaps this is another group which could be set up?
:) Nah Carol......... I liked the van cleaning one better....:clap2:

Jul 23, 2012
Kingswinford & 86230
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 890
Exp
Since 2012
We bought our Motorhome when Ella (our Boxer) was 2 years old, at first she used to wake at 'stupid o clock' but learnt after a while that I wasn't impressed at such early starts when not at work
We wouldn't dream of putting her in kennels and take her everywhere we go, UK and France. Occasionally she restricts us visiting somewhere but the disappointment of missing these places is is outweighed by the the places I get to see by talking her on walks.
I could not foresee any circumstances under which I would consider re homing my dog as I know she would miss me more than I would miss her and I love my dog very much.
Hope the OP tries to work around this issue

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back