Free Member
Oct 27, 2013
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I am a newbie
Having read all the planned escapades for long trips abroad I feel a little embarrassed to ask this, but nothing ventured etc..

My missus and me are new to motorhoming, done a lot of summer caravaning years ago when the kids were young. So, having just taken delivery of our MH I had plans for Padstow immediately after boxing day for a week or so as a kind of shakedown/learning trip, read earlier posts were this was being planned by others and seemed a good idea,.

Found out today my holiday entitlement is scuppering thoughts of Cornwall. :Sad:My latest idea is Saturday through 'til Tuesday, between Boxing day and new years day, south of Aberystwyth. Does anyone know of sites that are open for this period.

I know it's tame compared to others aspirations, but cut ones cloth to suit must be the order of the day. Anyway a Welsh hillside in January might be just the ticket for toughening us up. Either that or she will kill me.:Eeek:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Don't know any sites, but some one will come along...

Use your M/H to your best advantage... don't matter where you go..:thumb:

Just them going abroad will be warmer... :winky:::bigsmile:

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
My wife comes from near there and there are very few campsites as it is nearly all seasonal statics.

We have used Pantmawr Farm, Llanilar

www.caravanownersclub.co.ukCeredigionAberystwyth

in the past.

I believe it is a CC CL so you have to be a member, very quiet and not the easiest of accesses (joining the main road when leaving is the hardest part) although our RV & TOAD made it with care.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
You could look at the C&CC Beddgelert site. I think it's open through winter.
Has its own little station for the steam railway that runs from Caernarvon to Port Madoc. Stunning scenery. Buy ticket on train and you get 20% discount if you have a C&CC membership card with you.
Site has its own bakery and you can order fresh bread, croissants etc.. Also pizzas baked each evening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back