After sales service?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by telsdog, Apr 26, 2014.

1. telsdog

telsdog Funster

Noticing there a couple of threads about poor dealer service and one of poor customer service in general has prompted me to tell of my experience and hopefully get some advise/comments and not too much abuse. I bought a new Bailey MH and collected in mid March. Went away last week and the water pump stopped working. On investigation the tank sensor shows zero so controller stops pump from working to avoid damage. Rang dealer 3 times and was told I would get a call back. Didn't get call. 4th call and insisted on speaking to somebody. Explained problem and was told they could not look at it till end of June, 2 months time. I said I had crossing booked in May for 5 weeks in France but he was adamant that this was earliest it could be looked at. Not fancying 5 weeks mainly staying on aires with no running water and no shower I asked for price and availability of new sensor which I would pay for and fit myself. He promised to call back with price. He didn't. Am I expecting too much to have a 1 month old MH looked at sooner than 2months when a fault occurs. If I had spent similar money on a car I would expect much better after sales service than I am getting. Your thoughts.

Terry

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

Worlds fail me, tosspots is the only word that come to mind, I would tell them that I would get it fixed wherever I could and take them to a small clains court to recover the money if they did not pay, I would also inform Bailey of the action I was taking

good luck

3. Phill D

Phill D

if it aint too far away i would turn up and pressure them into fixing it. if still insistent that theres a 2 month wait, i would ask if they think that is acceptable and as the motorhome was no longer fit for purpose would they foot the bill for getting it fixed by another organisation. if not i would write to them clearly stating your case ( so theres no " misunderstanding" later ) then i would ring Bailey customer services and express your concern over the support from their dealer and ask for their help.

A motorhome is not fit for purpose without its water pump working. and to pay in excess of £45k for a new Bailey and be fobbed off is not acceptable.

Its time this industry as a whole sorted itself out.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

If your in deep poo poo over this and it will spoil your holiday, I am sure that if you give Glenn a call, he will manage to fit you in somehow, obviously it will be chargeable as we cannot do Bailey warranty.

If we had supplied the van, a telephone call would have provided a fast booking in workshop.

Peter

• Like Like x 7
  5. telsdog

telsdog Funster

Before posting I sent email to the person who dealt with our purchase. Deliberately didn't name dealer because I was hoping something would get sorted. Just goes to show that any organisation is only as good as it's weakest link. Got phone call back and van booked in Wednesday. If the parts to repair are not in stock I have been told they will take one off a new van and get me up and running. Happy now but situation should never have arisen. Thanks for comments and offer of help.
    Terry

• Like Like x 5
  6. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

I am really pleased for you, you are obviously now getting " Johns Cross" type service which is what you expect with a new van, When I had new caravans from Broad Lane Rugby if there was anything wrong I would be told to take it staight down and Allan the head techo would be out roadside if needed to sort it that why I considered service not the deal on buying price was my first consideration.
    Years ago I did buy a new eccles amber caravan from Johns Cross at the Caravan show !!

• Like Like x 1
  7. ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ Funster Life Member

ShiftZZ wins again

Bailey Caravans

Mr Nick Howard Chief Executive

Email nickh@bailey-caravans.co.uk
    Telephone 01179 665967
    Fax 01179 636554

8. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

I'm sorry that you are having a bad time with the poor cs. We bought our van from Elite Motorhomes near Banbury and we've been very impressed with their after sales service.

http://www.elitemotorhomes.co.uk/

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nethernut

Nethernut Read Only Funster

sorry to hear of your problems. We too have a new Bailey and have a couple of problems, water sensor not working properly and microwave door playing up when on the move. Emailed our dealer in the morning, phone back that lunchtime, all sorted even getting new microwave installed. As others have said, it really is the dealer that counts with regard to service, thank fully ours gives really good service.

Hope yours gets sorted soon. We are taking our 745 in next week to get all fixed (our choice of date) ready for a couple of months wandering round Germany starting May.

10. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Elite motorhomes

We bought our van from Elite and yes they are great to deal with.

And if I am not mistaken they are a Bailey dealer :thumb::thumb: