Aero Wiper Blades ?

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by scotjimland, Feb 13, 2014.

1. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

2. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

I got a pair for the MH they work well:Smile:

3. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

I've been using them on my cars for a few years now and put them on the MH a few weeks ago, never had a problem. If you have a large Asda near, they also have them now, sold in singles at £3 each (all sizes)

4. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

I've had them for a while now and the only problem I had was once in heavy snow - they sort of bent from the centre, to both sides of the blade, not too sure if its that the snow had nowhere to go but they ended up buckled.
    However, they give a better 'clear' than the framed ones for sure and I prefer them to standard.
    A lot of new cars have them as standard now.:thumb:

Trikeman. :Wink:

5. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

We've been using similar ones on both cars and vans for a few years and found that they work well.

I bought the first pair at a show and I've bought from Lidl since. One advantage of the Lidl set for a Ducato over conventional sets is that they are different sizes as the passenger side takes a slightly shorter blade (can't recall the measurements offhand).

I didn't know Asda sold them though so thanks Paul.

6. tomm2

tomm2 Read Only Funster

Yes , bought them for a ducato. Have found they clean better than the framed type.Certainly on our vehicle there are no streaks of water left in the sweep, result being clear screen.Think we"ll stay with them rather than reverting to the framed ones . Only down side I remember when sourcing them , was they were a bit dearer than the hook type fitting , due to fiat deciding on a slide on clip type design .

7. mikekaren2

mikekaren2 Funster

Left hand drive

It might sound daft but is there a difference in wiper blades are they different sweep sided blades for left & right hand drive vehicles?

I have a lhd Hymer & before I part with my hard earned I thought I would ask.

8. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

No special blade reqd for LHD all blades clear in both directions

9. Spenders

Spenders

10. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Yeah I've got a set on the Hymer wipe really well and were cheap enough but I've got an annoying click as one reaches the end of the sweep. Taken them off several times but cant find what's causing it but it drives me mad. :cry::cry:

11. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

on the latest ducato the wipers are different lengths, 26" and 21" if i recall. when fitted to LHD vehicles the position is reversed but same lengths. this is so that the drivers view is not impaired by an unswept part near the pillar. but its the same wipers as RHD

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  12. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

When I bought mine of ebay stated "for merc sprinter" and they sent me 2 different lengths which is correct.

13. B-well

B-well Funster

[HI]Yeah I've got a set on the Hymer wipe really well and were cheap enough but I've got an annoying click as one reaches the end of the sweep. Taken them off several times but cant find what's causing it but it drives me[/HI]

Forestboy had similar experience on my Hymer, blade is hitting windscreen seal, it seems that original blade is a shorter one drivers side, LH drive. i removed cap using stanley knife to trim end, still did not sort out the problem effectively though but better than the clonk clonk i was getting.
    found the answer was to slow down and turn radio up.

14. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I have them and a scratched windscreen. The hard plastic touches down on the offside curve and has scratched the (new !) glass.

15. 163phil

163phil Read Only Funster

I have them on the motorhome and have no problems with them. In fact I can see out when it's raining now.:BigGrin: