LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Is there any point taking beer/drink from uk to Spain/Portugal or just the same price locally.
Steve

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Is there any point taking beer/drink from uk to Spain/Portugal or just the same price locally.
Steve

No, which is why people go to Spain.

Unless that is you can only live on the sort of bitter with names like "Goat's Scrotum" in which case you would need to export it yourself.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Spain

Unless that is you can only live on the sort of bitter with names like "Goat's Scrotum" in which case you would need to export it yourself.

I don't go to Spain because of cheap drink.the sun is the reason but yes booze is cheaper in Spain and much more enjoy your trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I usually take a few bottles of Hobgoblin to give a change from whatever the local brew is. I love a few bottles of Kronenbourg on a hot day, their only problem is that they are so small, the French never seemed to have grasped that the ideal measure of beer is a pint. If they must be metric then I could put up with a litre.:drink:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Use the space for Bacon, cheese and Cider. :thumb:

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.

Hey there my Deb'n friend, don't knock "Old Scrotum". I used to drink "Rustic Flange" but I find a scrotum to be dryer with a sweeter finish

Tinca

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Thank-you for the replies? a couple of cases of London pride it is then:Smile:
Steve

So, you're venturing abroad to sample other nations life styles and culture, oh yeah and the sun, and you feel you have to take english beer, tuh. I suppose you're also filling the van with cheddar cheese, english bacon, tea bags, meat pies, tomato sauce, Heinz Baked beans and English sausages.
Oh, the local economies will really do well out of your visit then..:ROFLMAO:

Only joking, I often used to take UK delicacies with me to barter with the natives. :winky:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Just fill up with FB pies instead and drop them off in Portugal

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
So, you're venturing abroad to sample other nations life styles and culture, oh yeah and the sun, and you feel you have to take english beer, tuh. I suppose you're also filling the van with cheddar cheese, english bacon, tea bags, meat pies, tomato sauce, Heinz Baked beans and English sausages.
Oh, the local economies will really do well out of your visit then..:ROFLMAO:

Only joking, I often used to take UK delicacies with me to barter with the natives. :winky:

Definitely take tea bags and bacon. Got a bit of a fright when I couldn't find any decent stuff last year (first timers abroad in van). Trying all the cheeses was great though, not for the waist line but a tasty adventure all the same. French sausages were good as was their meat generally. Of course the bread was in a different league, as was the choice and price of wine, port, cider.....erm what else did we try.. Pate, fish, it was all lovely. Just crap bacon. Oh and the cakes are to die for::bigsmile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
If anyone coming back from spain or france can buy me a few bottles of Green Chartreuse I would be most grateful - can send payment via paypal in advance if needed xxxxx

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We always take tea bags and bacon to France. You can buy tea bags but the are expensive, but proper bacon seems unobtainable so we always go with a freezer full. We have found even the French are happy to have some as a gift, so can't understand why no-one sells it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back