Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
slovenia
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i am a newbie
Hi all, We are new to this so please be patient with us. I have been trying to find some reviews on a 1992 Fiat Ducato 6-berth Motorhome I cant find any. I was hoping someone on here has one or could point me to somewhere or tell me their thoughts on it.
It seems to be the size we want at a price we can afford, would really appreciated feed back :Smile:

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Hi BooBoo and welcome.

It is difficult to give any thoughts from the information that you give.

You need to give more details of the van you are considering. Such as converter and model. e.g. Hymer 584, Autotrail Cheyenne etc. Possibly give a link to an advert to the vehicle.

Lunarman

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
i have two b,,,,,ls and none of them crystal more de tale pleas:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

booboo

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
slovenia
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i am a newbie
Thanks billthedrill, We will be importing it into Slovenia. we have been living here for the last six years, we want to get away from the cold winters.

I had no idea that researching motorhomes was such a mine field! Are we asking too much from a budget of 10000 Euros?
I found the exact same model and approx. millage in the UK for 13500?!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

booboo

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
slovenia
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i am a newbie
Hi BooBoo and welcome.

It is difficult to give any thoughts from the information that you give.

You need to give more details of the van you are considering. Such as converter and model. e.g. Hymer 584, Autotrail Cheyenne etc. Possibly give a link to an advert to the vehicle.

Lunarman

May I ask if you know what it is? :Blush:

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
first thoughts are
thats a lot of things worn out so had to be replaced
theyve been living in it so will be rough
no mention of MOT just foreign roadworthy check
181k thats a hell of a lot of miles

engine and running gear would need serious work soon
photos show some body damage
gas pipes look coroded

in short a potential money pit

if youre looking for reviews of a 21 year old foreign van, then not being funny but it sounds like you dont know enough to even start looking to buy. read up about motorhomes and visit loads and loads of dealers before you start checking the bank balance. best bet is to find a friend that will help you look. check out a few more threads on here too as theres been an ongoing discussion of the numerous scams out there
dont get bitten if you cant afford to get conned. there are genuine bargains out there and when you do its great fun:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

booboo

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
slovenia
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i am a newbie
Thanks for that TheBig1, We do know nothing about motorhomes :Smile:
The problem we have is the language this side of the world, we can only read English adds. We could visit lots of dealers but sadly that would mean putting it off for another year as the snow will come soon and travelling around this side of Europe in such weather is a no no for me. We made a big mistake thinking we could pick one up from a large park in Germany but when my partner arrived they didn't have any for under 20000 euros. They said it was because they couldn't give a guarantee for anything under that price and the law in Germany for dealers is that they have to give one.
Again thanks for taking the time out to look, really appreciated :Smile:

Oh and love the Staff BTW we have one she's a rescue, 13 and a bit years, she a doddery old thing but keeps going.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Thanks for that TheBig1, We do know nothing about motorhomes :Smile:
The problem we have is the language this side of the world, we can only read English adds. We could visit lots of dealers but sadly that would mean putting it off for another year as the snow will come soon and travelling around this side of Europe in such weather is a no no for me. We made a big mistake thinking we could pick one up from a large park in Germany but when my partner arrived they didn't have any for under 20000 euros. [HI]They said it was because they couldn't give a guarantee for anything under that price and the law in Germany for dealers is that they have to give one.[/HI]
Again thanks for taking the time out to look, really appreciated :Smile:

Oh and love the Staff BTW we have one she's a rescue, 13 and a bit years, she a doddery old thing but keeps going.

You sure....

Upvote 0

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
I'm still looking too but have owned a MH before. I would have thought you would get a much better deal over in Europe. In Ireland there aren't as many motorhomes or dealers as the UK or Europe - it worked out much cheaper for us to buy our last MH in England & drive it to Ireland than to buy in Ireland.

Plus I agree with others - expensive enough for what you're getting. Look at auto trader / gumtree & google motorhome dealers etc too before rushing into anything. There will be plenty for under 10,000 euro & try to get lower mileage - the engine will soon be giving up.

There is a 2006 Sundance 6 berth near us atm with 11,000 miles for £19,900 - in comparison it makes the one you're after sound really expensive. I looked at it & it's in really good order.

Keep looking & if I see anything around 10,000 I'll let you know.

Dot

Upvote 0

Dotplus6

Free Member
Oct 4, 2013
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
Swift Royale 540 (1995)
Exp
4 yrs in total but not consecutively. Just bought the 3rd.
Try these

I like the last one - dethleffs is a pretty good model!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
This is around the 10K sterling mark and will last years. Easy to repair in your country as there are thousands of the old Mercs running around there. Good build quality with no damp problems that older motorhomes are plagued with.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

booboo

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
slovenia
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i am a newbie
WOW Thanks everyone! Don't have time right now to study them but will later. Really appreciate all the help. One of our fears is that without someone independently looking at it for us we will end up driving/flying all over the place getting very stressed and confused:Eeek:. I have a brother in Ireland who if we really are 100% sure of a couple he will drive and take a look for us. My partner is in the UK at the moment visiting his daughters and hopes to get a look at a few there.
Thanks again for all the help:Smile:

Upvote 0

SWOOD

Free Member
Jun 7, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
One
Here's what you should do:
1) Find a good looking van near(ish) to a UK ferry port
2) Ask really nicely for a funster to swing by and give it a rough check over
3) Repeat steps 1 & 2 until you are completely happy
4) If it sounds and looks good, pay for an RAC or AA check (£150 approx.)
5) Come over and buy it, safe in the knowledge it's mechanically good, and meets the demands of at least one funster
6) Drive home as your first adventure

Factor the trip/import in to your overall budget, because you can do so much better than what you've got your eye on. This is my local dealer's site Link Removed

Good luck!:thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

booboo

Free Member
Oct 24, 2013
slovenia
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
i am a newbie
have you checked for any import restrictions and charges...duty, tax etc into Slovenia.

importing into some countries can be an expensive and time consuming nightmare

We imported our pick up truck..that was all three :roflmto:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back