advise on a citroen based hymer 55 please. (1 Viewer)

T

tetleys

Deleted User
hi all.

i am considering purchasing a 1992 citroen based hymer 55 motorhome from germany.

i have researched the import procedure and everything seems straight foward, i have viewed photos of the motorhome over the internet and all looks in exeptional condition.
the only thing that is niggling me is the fact that it is a citroen! it looks exactly the same as fiat, peougeot, or talbot, but because i have hardly ever seen a citroen motorhome at the back of my mind iam thinking why? arnt they any good? as i dont hardly see any of them?
am i being paranoid and worrinying for nothing? also, is buying a left hand drive motor home, in this case a citroen motorhome, a sensible thing to do? ie, i dont want to end up with a motorhome iam going to struggle getting parts for, or, have to pay over the odds to get parts for?
also in motorhome terms, is this a half decent model does any body know? - its a coatchbuilt 1992 citroen based 4 berth hymer 55 2.5 deisel 108km(68k ish miles) and in stunning condition? for sale at approx £8000.it would also be very useful to know weather in any ones opinion that if the worst came to the worst, would i get at least my money back here in england if it turned out that i didnt like it for some reason?do lhd motorhomes sell ok here?
i really would appreciate your advise as iam planning to go to germany in the next week or so to buy it and i want to be 100% sure iam buying the right thing.
thank you all so much.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A quick Google for >>Link Removed<< turns up quite a few and a quick glance shows that it looks like you are getting a good deal. You will take a hit on resale when you sell a left hooker here, but with what you save on importing its just swings and roundabouts. have a good trip to Germany and do post some pics in the gallery when you get her home.::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Damp is your biggest enemy.

The rest of the vehicle should be fine if it been well maintained.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

deepstar

Free Member
Dec 27, 2007
lancashire
Funster No
MH
autocruise
Exp
30+
citron hymer motorhome

.hi
it a long way to go if you find it not up to scratch
or if you you get it back to uk and you get a problem!!!
think hard beefore you jump in!!
check the uk market again
there ar lots of bagains about at this time of the year
:Eeek:
rgds deepstar

i am considering purchasing a 1992 citroen based hymer 55 motorhome from germany.

i have researched the import procedure and everything seems straight foward, i have viewed photos of the motorhome over the internet and all looks in exeptional condition.
the only thing that is niggling me is the fact that it is a citroen! it looks exactly the same as fiat, peougeot, or talbot, but because i have hardly ever seen a citroen motorhome at the back of my mind iam thinking why? arnt they any good? as i dont hardly see any of them?
am i being paranoid and worrinying for nothing? also, is buying a left hand drive motor home, in this case a citroen motorhome, a sensible thing to do? ie, i dont want to end up with a motorhome iam going to struggle getting parts for, or, have to pay over the odds to get parts for?
also in motorhome terms, is this a half decent model does any body know? - its a coatchbuilt 1992 citroen based 4 berth hymer 55 2.5 deisel 108km(68k ish miles) and in stunning condition? for sale at approx £8000.it would also be very useful to know weather in any ones opinion that if the worst came to the worst, would i get at least my money back here in england if it turned out that i didnt like it for some reason?do lhd motorhomes sell ok here?
i really would appreciate your advise as iam planning to go to germany in the next week or so to buy it and i want to be 100% sure iam buying the right thing.
thank you all so much.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back