advise again please (1 Viewer)

andynann

Free Member
Apr 9, 2009
atherton lancs
Funster No
Exp
thirty odd years
Hi all ,well we are still looking for a fver ,bought a mazda bt 50 for now but may sell,what l would like info on is ive seen a complete rig which consists of a chevrolet 250 left hand drive[dosent pose a prob for me]automatic 96 heavy duty ,no model as yet waiting for more info,what do you lot think of this truck,the fver is a sun valley with the bunks 2007,any advise appreciated.
Andy n Ann::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
IMO only one tractor unit for a 5er,and thats a Dodge with a Cummins 5.9.They dont call it a million mile motor for nothin.

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
advise again

Hi Andy & Ann

We have purchased a GMC Sierra 2500 HD Auto to pull a Wildcat 31THSB 33' Long Single Slide with rear garage. Advice, we were given is to purchase Heavy Duty model as it will pull most 5vers.

Regards

Ant & Debs

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i still say get a proper mini artic unit like a mitzy.isuzu or iveco. thats named a few .tryed n testd system . isuzu do a nice auto /stick shift model or have an electric clutch fitted .i used one on my vwlt worked a treat. they do not seem as big as a yank or newish navarro its worth looking at them.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
if you would like to see some mini artics in action google vipex mini atics . there is some cracking trucks out there waiting to be coverted in to campers.

OP
OP
A

andynann

Free Member
Apr 9, 2009
atherton lancs
Funster No
Exp
thirty odd years
Thanks guys,keep the info comming,just been told the chevy is a ck cant find this model anywhere as yet ,any ideas as to value its got twelve mot n some tax and anyone got any idea as to how much the sun valley 2007 which has the bunks,thanks guys .
Andy n Ann::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

robrobc

Free Member
Oct 16, 2008
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
None Now
Exp
5+
Hi andyann

The key to the truck is really the specification, a HD (Heavy Duty) should have the Tow/Haul Package fitted that will make life considerably easier when you are towing.

A 2500HD will haul pretty much anything that you want, I have a Ford F250 and it is more then capable.

A 150 or 1500 would be more than ample for the 5'er you are proposing to tow.
Worth considering as they are quite a bit smaller than the 250/2500 size.

HTH

Rob

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
Thanks guys,keep the info comming,just been told the chevy is a ck cant find this model anywhere as yet ,any ideas as to value its got twelve mot n some tax and anyone got any idea as to how much the sun valley 2007 which has the bunks,thanks guys .
Andy n Ann::bigsmile:

I would think the sunvalley depending on condition is worth 14-15 thousand,ring Greg/Peter @ Niche they probably supplied it new.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back