Advice

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by NIGELB, Jul 22, 2010.

1. NIGELB

NIGELB Read Only Funster

Can anyone advise me on campsites in the Edinburgh area or even jedburgh .thats were we are heading in the morning thanks !!:thumb:.You may think its a train going by but no its me, looks like injectors need servicing:Doh:

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Look up CC CL at Carlops.Bus to Edinbugger 5 mins walk. I think tickets were about £3 return. Site last year was £8 with leccie. All pitches were hard standing though sloped you will need levelling blocks.

3. IrasciBill

IrasciBill Funster

Edinburgh

Hi there, We've stayed at Mortonhall - a biggish site due south of the city centre. It's 5 mins from the city bypass and on a bus route so you can get into the centre no problem. Site facilities are good.

4. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

There is a nice site at Linwater http://www.linwater.co.uk/ on the Western outskirts of the city that is about a 10 minute drive from the airport park and ride where you can park a motorhome. Bus tickets into the city are £1.20 or you can pay £2.50 for an all day ticket on any of the LRT buses. This is great value as the bus system is excellent.
    We live nearby but I have used that site before and it's lovely with excellent facilities and friendly owners. It is also close to the big outlet centre in Livingston if you enjoy shopping.
    Enjoy Edinburgh!
    Margaret

5. JJ

JJ Funster

I stayed at Morton Hall for the Festival two years ago... a bit expensive and quite busy but the staff were fantastic, friendly and helpful.

JJ

6. NIGELB

NIGELB Read Only Funster

stayed put

thanks everyone but we got up this morning sun shining so stayed here catch a few rays.cycled down to perth centre two miles down hill .:cry::cry: