Advice

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by yoshi, Feb 23, 2010.

1. yoshi

yoshi Read Only Funster

Can anyone tell me if the caravan club is worth joining :thanks2:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

no, not really without more info on the way you use your van. We wildcamp don't use sites ever, so no point for us, with you it may be different.

3. Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo Funster Life Member

hi there yoshi,yes in my opinion it is well worth it.we have used their sites many times and never had a problem.the sites and facilities are excellent and always spotless.good on-line booking and they have a good national rally which we have attended 4 times.i have heard 1or 2 moans about wardens but we have always had good welcomes.:thumb:regards brian jo & josh:Wink:

4. AuldCodger

AuldCodger Read Only Funster

For us, a definite yes.
    You are guaranteed excellent facilities, never encountered showers, wc's etc. less than perfect.
    Pitch nights not overly expensive and deals available for mid-week.
    Well worth a punt for a year to see what you think. :thumb:

5. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

in a word, NO.

However, in more words.
    Its a great starting point. But remember you don;t have a caravan. Use your motorhome like a caravan and it will become a drag. Use it like its built for, touring and exploring.
    The caravan club has useful CL's but on the whole with some experience you can find plenty of places to stay without the need for joining.

We were members for a few years but have not been members for about 3 years now and never even think about it.

But its up to you about how you use your MH.

Jim the ringleader loves the caravan club and believes it to be ace:Eek!:

6. kinsleyboy

kinsleyboy Read Only Funster

We are new to motorhoming and have joined the Caravan Club, used 3 sites in the past month or so and each one has been excellent.
    So for us so far it's a YES.:thumb:

7. bretonbelle

bretonbelle Read Only Funster

Would not join caravan club but have joined caravan and camping club mainly for their sites in UK.

:Wink:

8. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Tried it.. was bitterly disappointed and felt all they were interested in was making money .. did not seem to give a foofoo about the members.. never again !

9. yoshi

yoshi Read Only Funster

Thanks for that dude........and everybody else's coments

10. alan1949

alan1949 Read Only Funster

Caravan club.

just finished in caravan &camping club. Books come in handy but ya can use the sites
    if your not a member anyway & there all the same.i FEEL that the sites are getting a
    bit pricey now so not bothered where i stop off. hope this helps ya.:thumb:

11. MAUBRI

MAUBRI Funster

It all depends on how you want to enjoy your MH if you want to feel safe and packed in with others for company, Join.

Of course not forgetting the MOTORCARAVANNERS CLUB which is different to the other two in that they hold more rallies throughout the country, but dont have any sites.

I belong to MCC & C&CC only. The first for the Rallies and the second for the list of most of the Uk Sites. Also of course dont forget THE BIG SITES GUIDE for those larger vehicles.

Brian

12. kennygd

kennygd Read Only Funster

:BigGrin:I am starting out in March and 95% of my time will be in a motorhome and I have joined the Caravan club and the Camping and caravan club mainly because you get a bit of a discount if you are over 60 and the discount outways the site fees over the year, have not used one yet so I can't give a good reference but the coming year will tell.:thumb:
    Kennygd

13. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

None are perfect but we are in the CC and the C&CC which gives us in addition to listed private sites a good choice

14. JohnM

JohnM Read Only Funster

Hi Yoshy.Been a member for 28yrs A DEFINATE 100%. Joined c&cc 18 moths ago but there sites and cls arnt so good this is our view at least. :thumb:
    JohnM.

15. chatter

chatter Read Only Funster

We are in both clubs not for the main sites but for the 5 van sites, plus they offer additional items like insurance - personal,vehicle,pet at quite competative prices then if you travel abroad or the uk there is the breakdown service both clubs offer which covers you and vehicle and passengers.
    If your new to the hobby they will take the stress out of those first european holidays if you use sites rather than aires with bookings and route planning, ferry crossings

16. dealgan

dealgan Read Only Funster

Yep, I'll be renewing for my 5th year when it becomes due again.

I like the sites, but then again we never ever wildcamp, so always use a site.

We have 2 small kids, & feel safer on a site, not just at night but also that the kids are safe to run around & play within the site.

I've always found the sites perfect, and most of the wardens pleasent.

Note that not all have a MH service point, which I found strange.

Having said that, I'd say we have only stayed on 4 or 5 UK sites in all :Smile:

17. ips

ips Read Only Funster

Worth it for there main sites .................. if you can book :Doh:

Defo worth it for some very nice CL's :thumb:

PS
    Never ever get invloved with wardens, I have delegated Mrs ips for ALL dutys regarding booking, going into office paying etc etc etc, The less I have to do with them the better because I have a history of getting into arguments with them (see my other post about to go live) :BigGrin:

18. Compass57

Compass57 Read Only Funster

River around tyres.

I personally wildcamp find that more interesting and satisfying.

Last year on our way up to Scotland we pulled over for the night in a little pull in on a B road with a ford not thirty feet away.
    I had parked only five feet away from the river bank, in the night it must have rained rather harder than it was when we arrived, we awoke next morning with water around the tyres of van, that didn’t stop my ‘Partner from cooking me a fry-up for breakfast though, looking out of Van window while dipping me soldiers in me fried egg it felt as if I was on ferry.
    The ford could not be crossed next day so we went back the same way as we had arrived.

Bip.:thumb:

19. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

Definitely worth it for us. You know the standard of the site and its facilities will be very good. Never had a problem with wardens. Tried the C & CC for a year but thought the amenities on site ie toilet blocks, were not as good as the CC.

20. ips

ips Read Only Funster

I agree with the ablutions facilities being better at the CC sites

If you have never had problems with wardens then you are not trying hard enough :Rofl1: