R11dyw

Free Member
Jan 7, 2016
Dewsbury
Funster No
MH
Lunar Goldstar
Exp
Hi, many thanks for your warm introduction. New to motorhoming this year and have enjoyed our travelles so far even venturing to France last summer.
I joined the forum to obtain information from experience motorhomers.
My initial question would be that I am about to book MH in for service at local independent MH garage and wondered if someone could give me idea of costs they pay/ expect to pay for ;
Engine full service
Cam belt change.
MH is a Fiat Ducato (x250) 2.3 multijet

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
A full service on my X250 Fiat is due this year so will be interested in any answers you receive

But it might be a 'how long is a piece of string' sort of question as when I took my 2012 in for a service the Fiat dealer just said as low mileage it only needed an oil and filter change.

I would contact a Fiat dealer, tell them age and usage and see what response you get.

Welcome to the forum.

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
My van is a VW but is going for a full dealer service and MOT in February, the service is £250 and the MOT £52, I would estimate the Cam belt change to be £350-450 for your van but fiat owners will give a more accurate price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A full service for my Ducato was £450, this was it's first, done at the two year point at the main dealers. I know you can go elsewhere under warranty but I didn't want to but it would have been cheaper. I guess if you shop around you might get it down to around £300, anything less and I would suspect something wasn't going to be done.

What the same dealer calls a low mileage service which is just oil and filter plus safety checks was around £150, which is what I had done in the first year and will again this coming third year.

Can't comment on timing belts as mine doesn't have one. :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back