Advice wanted on head lamp protectors

Discussion in 'Motorhome Accessories' started by FM02MZO, Sep 18, 2014.

1. FM02MZO

FM02MZO Funster

We have a 2013 motorhome based on the Ducato chassis, and I am interested in buy some headlamp protectors/covers and I see that there are several makes on the market,

Can anyone please advise on the pros and cons of the different makes available.

2. WAG2CRU

WAG2CRU Read Only Funster

Not sure about covers but, we have Lamin-x protective film on our head lamps.

3. Stroppy Bird

Stroppy Bird Funster

I think I got these ones - it was a while ago!

They were fairly easy to fit.

I wasn't so concerned about getting them for their protective qualities so much as the ability for quick and easy headlamp beam deflectors to be fitted. They came with two pairs, but with the markings for where they go on the actual covers it's really easy just to stick some elec tape on in the relevant places when you've used the two pairs.

4. TerryL

TerryL Funster

They sound like the "official" Fiat ones - mine cost about £75 for a set but were quite easy to fit and, as above, I got them for the beam deflector issue. There are others about which are cheaper but don't, I believe, have the markings for the deflectors.

Just a note - I was recently fitting some LED driving lights which involved taking out the nearside headlamp unit (actually a doddle) and discovered the headlamp lens and the inside of the protector were filthy. Hadn't noticed the build up of muck!

5. Bertie Bassett

Bertie Bassett Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  6. mpdcymru

mpdcymru Funster

Fitted a pair to our 2014 Peugeot Boxer. Good protection from stone hol;es etc but also have re-used the headlamp beam deflectors three times with no problem. easy to fit - though typically French/Italian had several bits to unbolt before the could be put into place.

7. Stroppy Bird

Stroppy Bird Funster

8. Jackyboy61

Jackyboy61 Funster

• I bought mine from the guy who sells the mirror protectors at one of the shows I asked how much for mirror and head lamp protectors and got a good deal,they have been on for the last three years and still look as good as new,easy peasy to put on but well worth the money,mirrors and headlamps are expensive

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  9. kelv

kelv Funster Life Member

Fitted mine on a 2014 fiat ducato purchased from van comfort at Peterborough show cost £40 good fit and a simple job with a video on utube