1. An upgrade is pending. The forum is only accessible in debug mode.
    Complete Upgrade

advice please

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by SpongeBobsDad, Mar 1, 2010.

1. SpongeBobsDad

SpongeBobsDad Read Only Funster

I am thinking of changing my present Swift Voyager for the same model fitted with the 160 multi jet + comfort matic gearbox. Can anyone give me info on things like fuel consumption and reliability also any problems with gearbox i.e ( the judder fiasco as on Fiats 130 multi jets), any feedback would be most appreciated.:thumb::thumb:

2. Spacerunner

Spacerunner Read Only Funster

Reports suggest that the comfort-matic gearboxes do not have judder problems.

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Would agree that reports suggest that Comfort-matic gearboxes do not have the judder problem so far, but really I don't think that enough of them have been tried and tested to any great extent.

I am wondering if they are building up problems for later in their lives, and the way Fiat have dealt with the present problems would make me vary cautious about becoming a guinea pig with one.

Dave :thumb:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  4. bigbaz

bigbaz Funster

Got Auto-Box on my Swift Kontiki 669,best Auto I've experienced (as I can only
    drive auto's).
    It's been very reliable & I've had no experience of any judder.
    My Kontiki does 21.9mpg towing a car on a trailer & 25.6mpg when on it's own,
    but the Kontiki is 5000kg & the voyager should do better mpg because it's a lot
    lighter.