Advice Please ref to changing our taxation class (1 Viewer)

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi would anyone know please...

I need to change the taxation class for our conversion van to renew the tax disc as it was a Lights goods vehicle before we had it converted to a m/h

On our Car V5 form the taxation class is : Private/Light Goods

Would that be the same wording I use for our van on the m/h V5C(W)form or do I just put Private...
thanks for any info ::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
classification

Hi Champers

To change the class will entail a visit to the local/regional vosa office, with the following:

1. Weigh bridge ticket, dated same day or very close to visit.

2. V5

3. Current insurance certificate and mot if appropriate.

The weigh bridge ticket is required to proove you fall within/ or establish which catagory your unit fits, up to 3500kgs = private/light goods
over 3500kgs = private/heavy goods

They retain your current V5 , give you one of the tear of parts, take additional fees, and you will get new V5 in a week or so.

If you move from PLG to PHG you will get a refund, about £2. still every little helps.:thumb:

Hope this helps

Nomadic

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Perhaps I should have asked do I have to change the class or can it remain the same?

DVLA Swansea is over 30 miles away :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ginge61

Free Member
Oct 29, 2007
n/wales
Funster No
MH
c class/t25 vw
Exp
since noah was a lad lol
looking at your side bar it says a ducato so the tax will be the same id say just send the log book off to dvla to say its now a camper not a van

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
classification

Thats a good question!!

If you get your rig weighed and it is less than 3500kgs, the answer is NO, it is still within the private/light goods class, if it weighs 3501kgs plus then YES to private/heavy goods class.

However, can I say that the difference between the actual weight and the maximum 3500kgs, is your PAYLOAD allowence. So if you weigh in at 3400kgs you have a payload allowence of 100kgs, for all persons on board plus kit/food/equiptment etc.

In addition to this each axle has a design max weight, see vin plate...these weights also have to be adhered too.

I hope this helps

Nomadic

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
looking at your side bar it says a ducato so the tax will be the same id say just send the log book off to dvla to say its now a camper not a van

Hi ginge61
Yes we have done that already at the beginning of the year, but only now the tax has run out and needs renewing and thought the tax class may now have to be changed

If you get your rig weighed and it is less than 3500kgs, the answer is NO, it is still within the private/light goods class, if it weighs 3501kgs plus then YES to private/heavy goods class.

nomadic ..hubby says he will get it weighed tomorrow but believes it to be under 3500kgs still

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
take a lot of photos including inside and outside and showing the no plate
and if it complys with this little lot(sbmcc)
you could send the log book off and requst they change it to motorhome/campervan/motorcaravan

Sleeping accommodation, A bed with a minimum length of 6ft or 180cms.
¨ Integral part of vehicle living accommodation area
¨ Either beds or beds converted from seats
¨ Secured as a permanent fixture (with base structures bolted, riveted, screwed or welded)
¨ Secured directly to the vehicle floor and/or side wall (unless provision over drivers cab compartment)
2: A horizontal sliding side door or an outward opening rear/side door.
3: Seats and table, Seating area for diners to sit round a detachable or fixed table.
¨ Integral part of vehicle living accommodation area (mounted independently of other items)
¨ Table capable of being mounted directly to the vehicle floor or side wall
¨ Table mounting arrangement secured as a permanent feature (bolted, riveted, screwed or welded) although table may
¨ be detachable
¨ Seats secured directly to the vehicle floor and/or side wall
¨ Seats secured as a permanent fixture (bolted, riveted, screwed or welded)
¨ Permanently secured seating available for use at table
4: A permanent installation to house a water container.
Adrian Flux require an installation to hold at least a six gallon, 27 litres, water container.
5: Storage facilities, Wardrobes or Cupboards.
¨ Cupboard / locker
¨ Integral part of vehicle living accommodation area (mounted independently of other items, unless incorporated below
¨ seat / sleeping accommodation or the cooker)
¨ Secured as a permanent feature (bolted, riveted, screwed or welded)
¨ Secured directly to the vehicle floor and/or side wall (unless provision over drivers cab compartment)
6: Cooking facilities, Fixed gas or electric hob or microwave.
¨ Integral part of vehicle living accommodation area (mounted independently of other items)
¨ Secured directly to the vehicle floor or side wall
¨ Secured as a permanent feature (bolted, riveted, screwed or welded)
¨ Minimum of two ring cooking facility or microwave equipped in either case with fuel / power source
¨ If gas having remote fuel supply, fuel supply pipe permanently secured to vehicle structure
¨ If gas with remote fuel supply, fuel reservoir secure storage cupboard or reservoir secured to vehicle structure
7: At least one side window.

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Thank you Tofo for the details, yes we have done that in the beginning of the year and the van is officially a Motor Caravan on the Registration paper V5C(W) it was just the taxation query

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
think you will find the re tax slip comming through the post from dvlc will demand the correct sum without giving you a choice

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
think you will find the re tax slip comming through the post from dvlc will demand the correct sum without giving you a choice

Thank you ::bigsmile:::bigsmile: Just tried that online and it went through no probs:roflmto::roflmto:hooray!!

(hope the smiley police are not about - sorry if you are)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back