Advice Please Ref. Buying/Importing A German PVC (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We are considering changing to a PVC & are currently looking at mobil.de but wondered which (English speaking) dealerships in Europe Funsters have used before & any good contacts that might be easy to deal with? :) Any help will be much appreciated & please PM if preferred.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I am using DüMo Reisemobile. A dealer in Münster, Germany to supply my uk spec RHD globecar PVC I'll pm your contact details . I coll in December / January

www.duemo-duelmen.de

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jazzledog

Free Member
May 1, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Hymer B588PL
Exp
I am using DüMo Reisemobile. A dealer in Münster, Germany to supply my uk spec RHD globecar PVC I'll pm your contact details . I coll in December / January

www.duemo-duelmen.de

The late Judge Mental ( RIP) recommended Dumo to us just a week before he passed away, bless him.
We changed our minds on the manufacturer and went to Campirama in Belgium. We saw several PCVs there when we chose our van.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I also believe Dumo can arrange comprehensive insurance for getting the van which is a bonus.

For Knaus & Hobby, P.J. Joeressen Gmbh, bought a caravan from them some years ago & a friend bought one last year. They have been dealing with Brits since the 60's (UK forces base nearby). You will have to excuse their naff website.:)

For Hymer, Campirama in Belgium, bought 3 vans from them (latest due March).

If you contact a few nearly all German dealers have some English speaking staff.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We also used Duemo and found them great to deal with, had the van a year now.

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
Hi Gerry, How did you find dealing with DüMo Reisemobile?
excellent... keen price, no messing about, Dominik Noll was contact an very good to deal with. he said last year they sold 1400 possl/ globecar and had an allocation of 50 RHD for the uk market from the factory as the UK distributor was not working hard enough to develop the market in UK.
he said they were only getting an allocation of 1000 units from the factory in 2017 as the factory were struggling to meet their production targets. i assume this is because the vans are taking longer to build than planned.
collection was very straight forward. fly to düsseldorf, 1h30 direct train from airport and a nice overnight stay in a hotel.

get in touch if you want any more information
regards
G

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
We also used Duemo and found them great to deal with, had the van a year now.

OMG, was this a year ago, I still have Day-Mares; like nightmares but 12 hours later...... unlike this 12 hour timepiece. ......... All right ? Gerry

Gerry1.JPG

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
No that Clock is an hour slow....... How's the Mrs Gerry?
That explains why you wanted to kick me out so you could go to bed :). Mrs Gerry (Lorraine) has joined me in the walking wounded department, she had too get a steroid injection in her foot on Friday due to a damaged nerve. She wasn't to pleased when I mentioned it might be the weight it has to take :), so she has been sitting with her feet up all weekend while I pamper her. :)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
She wasn't to pleased when I mentioned it might be the weight it has to take :), so she has been sitting with her feet up all weekend while I pamper her.

Dear Gerry sorry to hear your wife has put you in hospital, perhaps next time you'll think before putting her foot in your mouth.

Well if I were her I'd put me foot down..... the good-un that is.

xx Lorraine from Griff

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back