Advice please on external thermal windscreen covers (1 Viewer)

Apr 5, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2016
Has anyone got any advice as to what the best way to insulate the windscreen for a ski break. The resort we normally go to is often called little Tibet as it can get very, very cold an some car manufacturers send cars there for cold weather testing!! Any advice would be appreciated - thanks

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You need thermal external covers we have Silverscreens IMO they are the best they aren't cheap but will last a long time and cut out condensation on the inside they are made by Paragon.there are others available and I'm sure others will like them it's a personal choice.
http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/

Feb 17, 2009
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2006
You need thermal external covers we have Silverscreens IMO they are the best they aren't cheap but will last a long time and cut out condensation on the inside they are made by Paragon.there are others available and I'm sure others will like them it's a personal choice.
http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/

I'll second that. In the past on other vans we've had tailor made external covers. We've now got Paragon silverscreens. In my opinion the Paragon ones are far superior.

If your going to be on EHU when you're there I would also recommend buying a small oil fill radiator and leaving it on at the front of your van at night.

Cheers
Alan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Henry The Navigator
Apr 5, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks for your swift replies :) just working on a new set of tyres, and then the covers will probably be then next thing to save for..

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Either Taylormade or Silverscreen external covers..
Depending on make and year of van, check ebay, gumtree, re-loved etc... You sometimes come across them s/hand as people change vans and sell them on... I have always had some and always obtained a s/hand set.. (y)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You might find a cover on Fun in classifieds worth a look(y)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
A dethleffs magic 2012... and love it!

Is that a coachbuilt (sorry, too lazy to look it up)? If so get the screens with the long flap which covers the vents beneath the windscreen.

If it's that cold, you could also consider making up an insulating pad that fits inside your rooflights - but watch your ventilation, on some vans there is an air gap designed for ventilation up there.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We use silver screens too. there are some (polar?) ..that do a cover for the entire front of the van that some skiers use. Also worth checking your vents are closed or on recirculate. remember to allow some small amount of ventilation though.

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years
If you need to clean them / detail them use G101 mixed ten to one applied and removed with a soft cloth :D
For those that maybe wondering G101 is a product made by Autosmart, sold in 5ltr bottles. I am not too sure that individuals could justify the cost but the upside is that diluted it lasts ages and the dilution that @Charlie recommends is ten parts water to one part G101.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Skiing?

Full length Hindermann covers. Or if you are a skinflint like us, full length Cover Tech from Italy

FJmike

Free Member
Jul 17, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
over ten years

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
G101 is a true all round all purpose cleaner. The 101 refers to 101 used the G means General.

We use it in the house on dozens of things. Try wiping down your UPVC windows for example. In the kitchen or bathrooms is does it all.

Tescos Daisy all purpose cleaner is vet similar

Use it diluted weak .. to much product means it's to harsh and wastes it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back