GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
So having done a lot of research into what we wanted from a motorhome we bought earlier this year.

We are really enjoying it but as many before us we are finding that the layout isn't quite right. It is ok for the 2 of us but when we adopt 2 kids next year it will be a bit difficult.

Not sure whether to sell it or not to get the layout we want or to stick with it a little longer.

Is it relatively easy to sell privately? We never took any finance etc when we bought it so no problem with selling.

Would we be better waiting until next spring?

Thanks

Jen

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
eBay classified ads bring the best results, £14.99 for 30days I think it is £1.50 more for large pictures.
Give a good description with plenty of pictures.

Depending on how well you brought you might be able to sell in now without a financial hit, next year it will be another year older therefore worth less.
Looking at your avita your van has an overcab bed so may work well with kids.

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Thanks - yeah its an over cab bed and bunk beds at the back.
We want a rear fixed transverse bed for a larger garage and a better "living area".
Ours is a 2010 with 15K miles, so hopefully should be attractive to buyers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We've sold our two previous motorhomes on eBay and would do again. Make sure you take good photos, make sure you describe everything within the vehicle and most importantly don't part with the van until you are sastisfied you have been paid either cash or bank transfer. Don't part with the van on production of a Bankers Draft. Only part once you are sure the monies are in your account.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Sold our last one via eBay just need to be sensible. Bank transfer is the safest form of payment, as under the faster payment system they can't reverse the payment, and to play safe you can transfer it to another account immediately. With cash banks can still reject forgeries when they cash up at the end of the day, so not as safes as it appears.

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Recently sold ours via Todds, at Lostock Hall nr Preston, took it in Thursday, sold by Saturday!. We had to pay commission, but no worries with tyre kickers, scams etc. Second van we have sold with them, would recommend for stress-free sale.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
see a lot of vans for sale on Preloved does not cost anything to put an advert on there .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I tried Preloved all I got were local time wasters, but like you say it's free. I put my last van up on at least 10 sites the only place I got serious enquiries from was eBay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back