Advice on Replacing a Waste Water Tap (1 Viewer)

Llanfrynach on Tour

Free Member
Apr 10, 2012
Brecon
Funster No
MH
LowProfile Coach Build
Exp
New to Motorhoming
Hi All - very new to Motorhoming. Have just returned from 3rd trip to find a waste water pipe with no end on it. Presume it must have come off the bracket and the waste valve / tap part got knocked off. So I have a grey pipe (approx 1" diameter) with nothing now on the end of it. I now need to fit a replacement - I wonder if anyone could help me out and advise me what parts I need and best place to source ? We have Autocruise Starburst 2006.
Many thanks, Mike & Thelma.:Doh:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: Take it to your local plumbers merchant / suppliers they will have a tap to fit and you will not pay through the nose like most stuff as soon as you say Motor home :thumb:::bigsmile:
terry

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I won't use caktanks anymore because they gave lousy customer service on a couple of occasions :Sad:.

I now get 99% of stuff for my self build from http://www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk in grimsby. They are dead cheap as well.:thumb:

A plumber shop may be able to help with brackets, angles etc but not sure about the tap bit...

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
a tap like this will do the job.

Link Removed

That would have worked on my Eura, but not on my 05 hymer which had solid plastic waste pipes :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
We went to Formby Beach last weekend when we got home we noticed the waste pipe was at a funny angle when i looked under the motorhome the joint had broken between the tank and the end of the pipe.
So somewhere between Formby and Bolton i dumped my grey waste:Eeek:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That would have worked on my Eura, but not on my 05 hymer which had solid plastic waste pipes :Sad:
same tap with male joints would have done it......the one in the pic (female/female) was the first i came across for the post

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My tap snapped off but a water butt tap from a garden centre fitted strait on.

I used a water butt tap on our old Autoquest (which had the flexible convoluted waste pipe) because, at the time, I couldn't find one of the original grey ones. Found one later Link Removed. The water butt taps are available from places like Wilkinsons as well as garden centres. Both types also in eBay.

Bear in mind that you may need a collar like to create a proper seal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back