Advice on longer m/homes please. (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I am about 8.5m long and most of the time I have a trailer on, a TA Brian James car trailer with a kangoo on or most of the time a Conway unbraked box trailer which I am at present putting a paddock stand it to take a Honda Vision I have just got, our garage carries the dogs so need a trailer for all the crap we tend to take with us, never been a problem as long as I use the truck satnav. I will use one of the extendable dog ramps we have to get the bike in the trailer

Attachments

• DSC_2925.jpg
    DSC_2925.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
OP
OP
TheTwoOfUs
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
This is the set up we have at the moment which we intend to carry on using for the Wing in this country, except that we might have a longer m/home. Our intention would be to take a smaller bike in a garage if we go bigger. (Actually this is the first trailer we had, the current one is from the same manufacturer and is virtually identical but is 400mm wider and slightly longer).

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi

As always with these things you just have to be sensible, maybe not like this chap....

Stuck Motorhome - YouTube

Paul
We've been up to The Tan Hill Inn, with our FWD 8mtr tandem axle Hymer, and never got stuck, nor have we ever been refused entry to any sites, either here in the UK, or abroad.

With the integral bike rack in use, we are 8.5mtr. At Camping Memling, Bruges, (max 8mtr) I Just reversed the bike rack over the the top of the hedge, that borders the pitches. :winky:

A lot of the CC sites are limited to 8mtr nowadays. :Sad:

Cheers,

Jock.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back