Advice on A-Class slide window mosquito barrier? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
I know what so e of you will say, "close the window......"

Seriously though there are many occasions when it is stiflingly hot and we are parked up and I could sure use some airflow from the driver's side (RHD) window. But you can always bet on it that if you need it opened, the infernal mosquitos will certainly find their way into the MH and ruin any sleep which you might want to have that night.

Can anyone suggest some sort of wire-mesh or netting that is specific for this kind of thing? (Another for the electric window on the passenger side would be great too for a full though-draft.)

Thanks.

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
We have Solar Screens which allow us to open the electric drivers window LHD, but not the passenger sliding window because of the way the screens fit using suckers secured inside the slider. They are advertised as stopping bugs and we've never had a problem with mozzies whilst using them and opening the drivers window does give quite a through draught. They are great for keeping the van cool in hot weather and they also allow you to see out, without people seeing in (y)
http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/Solar View.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Thanks Kim H. I had a Silverscreen on a previous non A-class MH but mine was just a thick thermal one which would not have let any air in either. I like the look of the one on your link. Most helpful. Cheers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Fine net curtain cut to size with Velcro stitched at intervals then self adhesive Velcro (white) on the window frame to attach it to. Cost negligible just takes a little time on a sewing machine. Only needs to cover the opening part, the small gap on the side where it slides can be filled with a strip of thin foam.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Having seen @Kim H 's solar screens at Bagwell we got ourselves
one for our A class Pilote,brilliant product,even the other half who doesn't like spending money says they're 'amazing',
not often I get praise for my purchases! :)

as Kim said you can see out while people can't see in........unless you've got your interior lights on (y)

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I bought some flyscreen mesh from Boyes?.. And a pack of velcro tabs and did this...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I "back to backed" the velcro tabs on the mesh to get a firm "fix"...

Oh!.. And the felt pad on the door.. So no scratchy when mesh not on...

Quick n dirty - but functional until I can be bothered to make it prettier..

Sorted...

Edit: I've driven with window down and its stayed put - altough my initial aim was to get some airflow to cab area when parked up :)

Last edited:

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
Just slightly off road here but we had tremendous problems with mozzies in France. We found they were getting in via the shower room skylight and that had extremely fine mesh fitted. We thought about it and put silver foil over the mesh. We looked later and there were dozens of little holes in the foil. We'd attached the foil to the roof by duck tape, so we covered the foil with duck tape. It certainly slowed them down. So that was fine mesh, foil and duck tape.
I've got some white plastic and going to cut to size and slide between the skylight and mesh. Get through that!

OP
OP
sciac2001
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Very helpful thanks.

Fletton, could I ask where I can find details of Boyes? Also, would they also sell the velcro tabs too?

Thanks again.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Is it a German A-Class?
If so, the Germans have developed some quite effective Mosquito barriers......

Last edited:

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Very helpful thanks.

Fletton, could I ask where I can find details of Boyes? Also, would they also sell the velcro tabs too?

Thanks again.

@sciac2001 .. "Boyes" may be just local York, Nth east Lincs I think... Perhaps Wilko's and similar will sell it... And yes I got both from same store :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back