Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Our 2014 2.2 Peugeot based motorhome made a funny knocking noise this afternoon when I started it up, so I switched the engine off and I heard a sawing noise. I restarted it and it ran normal but when I switched engine off again I got the sawing noise, I know this is the EGR valve but I can't remember if this is cleaning and is normal.
Our van isn't run lightly as I have driven it down to Benidorm 5 times and regularly do 70mph, and it has done 20,500 miles.
Any advice please.

John.

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
Our 2014 2.2 Peugeot based motorhome made a funny knocking noise this afternoon when I started it up, so I switched the engine off and I heard a sawing noise. I restarted it and it ran normal but when I switched engine off again I got the sawing noise, I know this is the EGR valve but I can't remember if this is cleaning and is normal.
Our van isn't run lightly as I have driven it down to Benidorm 5 times and regularly do 70mph, and it has done 20,500 miles.
Any advice please.

John.

It is the self cleaning noise ( sawing NOT knocking ) & is normal.

Has this only just started happening ? & was the weather cold when it happened ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back