Advice needed on swift kon tiki 655 and auto trail mohican (1 Viewer)

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all,

We are trying to find a van that suits our needs, we like the layouts on the swift and auto trail which are both very similar layouts

Has any one had or got one of these that could tell us more about it? I have heard the swift being called kon leaky ! Is this all or a certain age?

Thanks Diane

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sorry to hear that, what year was it? I had a kon tiki back in the 90s and it was a really popular van and we had no problems at all so I'm wondering if it's a certain year they were bad ?
I'm not here to sell you a swift Diane that will be your decision, My swift was sodden from 6 months old and I wouldn't ever have another. My only recommendation is get yourself a good damp meter and check every nook and cranny regularly , not just the easily accessible areas. And remember that it was a dealer after I had changed my Kontiki who told me they are known as the Konleaky. Good luck whatever you decide.........:cautious:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Diane1969

Diane1969

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
I'm a newbie
I'm not here to sell you a swift Diane that will be your decision, My swift was sodden from 6 months old and I wouldn't ever have another. My only recommendation is get yourself a good damp meter and check every nook and cranny regularly , not just the easily accessible areas. And remember that it was a dealer after I had changed my Kontiki who told me they are known as the Konleaky. Good luck whatever you decide.........:cautious:
Thanks for the heads up, certainly made me think and we have ordered a damp tester

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back