Advice needed on how to fit a roof box please (1 Viewer)

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
I have re-posted this as I thnik my title was just rubbish before, so will hopefully have more luck this time.

I'm trying to fit a roof box to our autosleeper pollensa, but having some difficulty:Angry::Doh:

The MH already has a roof rack, however the cross bars are too close together at the back to mount it safely, and too far apart towards the front. The roof box is not a MH specific one, it's one we used to use on the car for camping (having gone massively over budget on the actual MH, don't wanna shell out for a MH specific one).

Can anyone suggest anything??? I was thinking some kind of cross bars, similar to those you would use on a car (but much wider obviously).

We want to have the option to be able take the roof box off (as will still use on car very very occassionally)

Thanks

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

Halfords sell a range of cross bars , Thule and own brand, up to van width .. worth a look ..

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
It will have to be on bars if you don't want it as a permanent fixture. Like Jim said Halfords do a range of roof bars, be prepared for a shock though, they are very expensive:Eeek:

The fix need to be good if the box has airflow underneath, some act like a wing and generate lift which means a lot of pressure on your fixings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I put a car one on my Dethleffs using the existing roof bars. These were adjustable howewver with just loosening a nut at each end they could be repositioned.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back