Advice needed for a Ford Rimor 687tc Superbrig (1 Viewer)

Rich.Bev

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Knaresborough
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
used to living in a works van when working away with my wife! Lived on a boat before!
Hi Anyone,
After many months searching, can anyone give me advice on this particular model please? It seems to tick all my boxes, but wondered if anyone has (or used to have) one of these, and tell me it's good and bad points?
Richard

Apr 23, 2014
Naarfook
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
5 years
There is a Rimor owners group on Facebook , I am sure there are some superbrig owners on there .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Rich.Bev

Rich.Bev

Free Member
Oct 11, 2016
Knaresborough
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
used to living in a works van when working away with my wife! Lived on a boat before!
Thank you Barclaybasher for the video link. I had missed this, so thank you. I was just wondering if there was anyone at MotorhomeFun who had a hands on experience of one of these? I will try Jackspeak's suggestion by looking for a facebook group too, so thank you for your input both of you.

Upvote 0

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
If you buy a Ford motorhome of any make please look into upgrading the security. Most recently stolen motorhomes have been on the Ford chassis.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Friend of ours has had his for over 10 years, no significant problems and he would certainly complain if there were :D

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If you buy a Ford motorhome of any make please look into upgrading the security. Most recently stolen motorhomes have been on the Ford chassis.

AGREE...... Seems 9 out 10 ten stolen are Ford Transits..
Beef up that security. Do some research online re Transit thefts..

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We did indeed have a Rimor, ours was the low profile of the Superbrig, a Sailer 645TC and it was a brilliant MH ... nothing ever broke, got damaged etc as it was an extremely good quality build - eg the cabinet panels and doors were made of very good quality laminate rather than the much lighter and softer stuff a lot of MHs are made of.

The only thing you have to be aware of really, other than what has already been said, is that when we had ours it HAD to have a damp check every 6 months to qualify for their water ingress warranty, whether this is still applicable I don't know but some places are reluctant to just do a damp check so you might need to budget for 2 habitations checks!

I assume it's on the twin rear-wheel drive Ford Transit chassis, in which case you'll be able to uprate it if it hasn't already been done, as they run VERY close to their maximum 3500kg weight before you even put anything in! Oh and air assistance for the rear suspension is a definite extra expense worth paying for, it totally transforms the handling.

Regarding security, as well as the cab you'd need to put some sort of locks on the rear garage doors as being so large they flex and can easily come open ... just after we bought it I was told about this by a friend who had a Superbrig so I went straight out (at 11.00 pm!) to ours and, yup, lo and behold I could open them, queue having to empty it all out that night!

Do you have a link to the advert for the one you're looking at?

This was ours:

Rimor - after air-ride fitted.jpg

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back