Advice from southerners please (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Sounds good. Can you suggest an area and maybe even a site, good for walking and biking?Xx
There's a nice, rustic campsite called Foxholes at Bishop's Castle, which is a very quirky little town/village with lots of pubs and it's own brewery. The site doesn't have hook up, though. Whole area great for walking - and I would think, cycling.
A good CL at Ludlow - Hucks Barn Farm - again no hook up but walking distance of the lovely town of Ludlow. Plenty of walking in the Mortimer Forest - among other places.
Church Stretton is great for walking - don't know about cycling. We've stayed at Small Batch campsite
http://www.smallbatch-camping.co.uk/ Nice location and plenty of walking direct from site.
Much Wenlock has a Caravan Club site, but it's a bit removed from the town. We like The Sytche Campsite http://www.sytchecaravanandcamping.co.uk/ An easy walk into the lovely little town - plenty of pubs - lots of good walking.
We've also stayed at a pub campsite The Baron of Beef at Bucknell http://www.baron-of-beef.co.uk/ This is another great area for walking.
There are lots of CLs dotted around the place. I really don't think you can go wrong with Shropshire, because there's so much to do. In my view, a very under-rated county, and as a result, you don't get the tourist hoards.
If you want any more info, I'm happy to help.
Chris

Reactions: Sue

Tincataylor

Free Member
Jul 9, 2012
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Never leave a campsite with your clothes line tied to a lamp post.
Come on down to Sunny Deb'n moi luvver, tiz proper 'ansome down yer an' us is always ready to relieve 'ee of yer cash.

As to which is God's county, I don't have a clue, but I'll give you £1.00 for every Deb'n boy who has gone to live up north if you'll give me 10p for every northerner who has come down to live in the south west. Surely all these northern folk can't be wrong.............................

The Tincas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Forgot to mention the Stiperstones and this nice little site

Reactions: Sue

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
The only Yorkshire people that inhabit York are working there,the rest are tourists waiting to be fleeced.....lol..
Had to laugh, my son works in york, we go to stay at Rowntree Park to visit him. I love sitting down by the river with a GnT when it's sunny :)

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Had to laugh, my son works in york, we go to stay at Rowntree Park to visit him. I love sitting down by the river with a GnT when it's sunny :)
Its a lovely city ,and rowntree club site very nice and so close is a bonus . If I cant get in there I stay at naburn lock campsite.and catch a bus or water bus at weekends.....Roy

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Want hills...Cornwall
Will soon have our house for sale in Cornwall... Going to be moving further north for some PROPER weather :)
Sat at Rowntree Park right now - and it's NOT sunny :(

parknride

Free Member
Jan 21, 2014
cumbria
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1988
Will soon have our house for sale in Cornwall... Going to be moving further north for some PROPER weather :)

Oh dear, no GnT for you then :giggler: then there's the comedy club in York, great night if you like live stand up, bit of a erm, not very posh.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002

It's normal not to have sun in York,didn't ya knaw ??"

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
That must be the bit of Great Britain that god had put to one side ,while the South basks in the glory of being heaven ..got to be just look at th weather you have ,surely if it was gods own country it would be sunny ,warm and CHEAP.!!!!!..lol xx

We get better weather here in my part of Derbyshire than Cornwall any time,,,hardly ever rains,,never stops in Cornwall. BUSBY:):):):)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back