Advice for the young at heart newbie hitting the road (1 Viewer)

gazza280

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Worthing
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Hello everyone I am a newbie please be gentle with me. I am planning to seriously hit the road and do solo full timing and mix it up with probably quite a lot of wild camping in the UK and Europe. It seems my kids are having just too much fun and I want to find out whats going on in the world and have adventures I've missed out on. I don't yet own a Motorhome and still deciding which one is best for me, still deciding what things like security and entertainment (tv satellite) and essentials I'll need. Nervous about starting this big adventure but I will probably feel right at home when I get going. Am I wrong to feel nervous about this? I've done the research in fact wow have I done research, and the over riding opinion is go for it, it's fantastic. What is inspiring is the support and encouragement motorhomers show for each other, another excellent reason for doing it!!
I don't want to hire a motorhome first to try it out, its gonna be all or nothing but realistically I'm going to need advice....probably lots of advice. So if anyone out there can help me with any advice from places to stay and visit in the UK and Europe, vital items I might need on my travels that I haven't thought about, the Motorhome and full time community (well I do want to meet other fellow travelers on my way) and any stories to tell,good or bad, to absolutely anything. I would be very grateful and if I do meet you on my travels I'll thank you in person and buy you a drink... coffee or tea of course as we're driving.

Thanks in advance Gary :thumb:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
HI Garry, welcome to the fun , from us in sweden::bigsmile: enjoy looking for your first set of wheels to call home on your travels, if you look into the blog section there you will find folks write ups about there travels,stop over ether on aires os camp sites or just nature camping, or write for info that you need, they are friendly bunch on here,so again welcome,cheers Alf:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi Gary,

And welcome...

Get yourself a Yank RV... Most come with all the toy`s you spoke of..

One with a small slide will make all the difference on liveable space..

Just so happens one of the members has a reasonably priced one for sale... and an ideal size for full timing.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi Gary and welcome to the Fun! :welcome:

You'll find plenty of threads on RV v European - make sure you go for what's right for you. Look carefully at layouts and decide how workable they will be for how you want to live - on a daily basis. Fulltiming use is quite different to holidays/weekends. High payload, good storage and full winterisation are my priorities, hence the Hobby Toskana 750.

If you plan to go wildcamping then a good-sized battery bank and solar panels would come in very handy. Also a large fresh water tank as you never know how easy it will be to get water.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Gary and welcome to fun, I can see you have already had some good advice from Maz who has been full timing for a while now, quite a few on here who do.

Not pushing it but would say investing your £10 in full membership will repay you over and over again. with discounts and advice.

Investigate different layouts, spend some time trying it out does it feel right for you. is there room for you out side chairs and table plus barbecue, will you need a bike or scooter on the back for getting around when you are parked up.

Enjoy your search and keep us updated, ask as many questions as you want. :welcomefunster:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back