Advice For Sat In South France

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by lunarman, Jun 4, 2015.

1. lunarman

lunarman Funster

We are currently in Agde near Narborough. Oyster2 System with 85cm dish and freesat box. We can get all UK programs.
    Another van parks next to me with the same setup but his dish just keeps spinning and cannot lock on to the Astra satellite.
    Any ideas what could be wrong.

2. laneside

laneside Funster

John I think the Oyster was like my Mobilsat and had to be re-programmed after they fiddled with the satellite last year. I wonder if next door has or needs to have his re-programmed. The other suggestion is to look at his LNB towards the dish and it really should be twisted to about twenty five minutes to the hour and the other thing is to make sure his F plugs have not got water in. After this I am stumped apart from letting him watch your tele.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

You using a Chinese sat nav by any chance?;)

4. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Bloody corrective typing :D

5. Detnor

Detnor Funster

John, Are you sure Ange hasn't switched it to fan mode? Quite warm this evening in France!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Moodybrook

Moodybrook Funster

Ere ! my cheapy chinky sat nav guided me down to the alps n back never put a foot wrong.

Got her knickers in a twist once on a new piece of road cos she hadn't been up dated about it but otherwise "Katie" and the system coped with everything and when used in conjunction with Campercontact can't think that it could be bettered. (y)

7. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Lunarman (bloody cheek 'cos he hasn't got a Lunar anymore(y)) kindly updated my satnav for me. Anyway it's performed superbly since. So I don't have a problem with Katie (or any other friends she may have:D) but getting mixed up between Narbonne & Narborough is just plain senility ........coat is already on :getmecoat:

All said TIC:D

8. s20hymer

s20hymer Funster

hya you could tune it manually ..you are half way..point in direction yours is and fiddle