mac111051

Free Member
Jul 30, 2011
Dudley
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Hi , would welcome any advice on driving to Italy we are going to Bormio on Thursday and any tips would be welcome especialy driving through Switzerland

Thanks Mal

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Hi and Welcome to the fun site , sorry cant help you about in driving Italy but sure someone will be along shortly who can help you

Have a great trip xx

John n Kath

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we went to Lake Garda last july and found the driving fine, we went via Austria though so cant help with route.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Italy

I suggest the following:

Calais, Lille, Charleroi, Luxembourg, Saarbrucken, Pirmasens, Freiburg, Basel, Lucerne, Milano. In this way you avoid Motorway tolls (except Swiss Vignette) and also avoid Austria. If your van is over 3.5 ton you would have to buy an Austrian "Go Box" which means the charge will be a minimum of £85. Going througgh Switzerland you use a standard car vignette if you vehicle is under 3.5 tons or are charged per day if your vehicle is over 3.5 tone.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Yup, best advice re driving through Switzerland is dont.

Greedy greedy people to say the least

Do the Austrian rought and cross the Alps at the Reschen Pass .. Skirts the Swiss border nicely and is an easy drive ( in fact if you hang on a week we will see you there LOL !! :thumb: )

We do the Alps and Northern Italy regularly.. so know it pretty well ..

Take the Reschen Pass, keep on that road until you get to Spondigna and turn right. That one road takes you all the way in to Bormio :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back