advice fitting a hitch on Navara (1 Viewer)

will2020

Free Member
Jul 21, 2012
derry
Funster No
MH
5Th Wheel
Exp
Hi,

I'm about to fit a 5th wheel hitch to 06 Nav and was just wondering if any of you guys fitted your own and if you had any hints or tips?

cheers
Will

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Hi,

I'm about to fit a 5th wheel hitch to 06 Nav and was just wondering if any of you guys fitted your own and if you had any hints or tips?

cheers
Will

It's not a particularly dificult job to fit a hitch for anyone with a modicum of engineering knowledge/interest. Mine was fitted by Calder and I'd be quite happy to recomend them but if you WANT to fit your own, it's no big deal.
Obviously, positioning is fairly critical (do you have positioning details for a Nav) and one thing that is a must is to fit spacers into the chassis rails for the horizontal holes because oterwise you're likely to crush the rails as you bolt them up.

OP
OP
W

will2020

Free Member
Jul 21, 2012
derry
Funster No
MH
5Th Wheel
Exp
It's not a particularly dificult job to fit a hitch for anyone with a modicum of engineering knowledge/interest. Mine was fitted by Calder and I'd be quite happy to recomend them but if you WANT to fit your own, it's no big deal.
Obviously, positioning is fairly critical (do you have positioning details for a Nav) and one thing that is a must is to fit spacers into the chassis rails for the horizontal holes because oterwise you're likely to crush the rails as you bolt them up.

sent you a pm

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back