Advice appreciated. Mirage 5000

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by John Chard, Apr 27, 2009.

1. John Chard

John Chard Deleted User

Dear group,
    we are looking at buying a Fiat Ducato Mirage 5000, 2001 reg. All bells and whistles, like Cab & cabin air con, Honda under body geny etc..
    Does anyone have any pointers to look for, good or bad on this motor home ?
    My Mrs and I have looked over this vehicle pretty closely, and on the face of it, the Mirage does appear to have a lot going for it.

Under body, there is a gas cylinder, I guess for the geny. Should we expect this cylinder to be pressure tested and certified by the supplying dealer prior to us taking delivery of the motor home, or is there no legal requirement to do so.

Any advice on this motor home would be appreciated

Many thanks
    John :thumb:
  2. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Aug 31, 2007
    Firstly welcome to FUN, I can not help with your question but I'm sure someone will be along with answers for you. :Smile:
  3. dazzer

dazzer Read Only Funster

Jul 30, 2007
    LPG tanks should be tested every 5 years.......but it never happens so dont expect an in date test certificate.

To be honest the testing that is done is a bit of a joke anyway and requires the tank to be removed for a visual and maybe hydrostatic test, all the seals and O rings will need to be replaced as well. The tank test wont give you any information about the rest of the gas installation and a full system pressure test would be a much better guide to the general condition of the gas system.

I wouldnt make to much of a fuss about the tank testing unless there is evidence of actual physical damage to the tank or heavy corrosion. chances are it will be fine. :thumb: